When we will have cheap 30,000,000 pixels digital cameras?

Old September 22nd 07, 10:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
gaetanomarano

Default When we will have cheap 30,000,000 pixels digital cameras?

..

When we will have cheap 30,000,000 pixels digital cameras?

Lunar X Prize: http://www.ghostnasa.com/posts/008moonprize.html
China WINS: http://www.ghostnasa.com/posts/009prizewinner.html
YouTube video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=lqIgl0kXkmo
My Website: http://www.gaetanomarano.it
My Blog: http://www.ghostnasa.com/

..

Old September 22nd 07, 11:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Karnak the Great

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 02:37:25 -0700, gaetanomarano wrote:

.

When we will have cheap 30,000,000 pixels digital cameras?

Hopefully by then we'll have some other technology than this severely limiting
stone-age Bayer pixel array and overweight range-limited lenses for recording
photos. Maybe a nice organic nano-technology cube with thin-as-pellicle optics
zoomable from .0001mm (macro mode) to 10,000mm at f/0.x being able to focus on
micron sized objects to imaging galaxies (unaided) at magnitude 22, hand-held,
with full 3D audio and video recording, including being able to choose recording
wavelengths (image and sound) 6X or more to either side of the range of human
perception. When 30,000,000 flat and dynamic-range limited pixels will seem like
dragging a stylus in a clay tablet. When it's nothing more than a laugh about,
"The good ol' days when all we had was 30-megapixels in a Bayer array, can you
imagine having to put up with that crap back then ..."

Old September 22nd 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Karnak the Great wrote:
[...]

But will it take a nice shot of the grandkids
Dave Cohen
Old September 22nd 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-Art- (not Art)[_2_]

wrote:

.

[...]

I'm still waiting for personal jetpacks!!

-Art- (not Art)

Old September 22nd 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Somebody

We won't 99.9% of camera owners have no use for and do not have a computer
powerful enough to handle an image that size. 95% of people have no use for
anything above 20 to 25MP.

Somebody!

Old September 22nd 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Somebody says...
We won't 99.9% of camera owners have no use for and do not have a computer
powerful enough to handle an image that size.

My four year old computer has no problem opening and processing 30MP
images and even larger ones.

95% of people have no use for
anything above 20 to 25MP.

That's possible, but you might want to print a crop of an image or make
a poster sized print one day.
--

Alfred Molon
Old September 22nd 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rich

On Sep 22, 5:37 am, gaetanomarano wrote:
.

When we will have cheap 30,000,000 pixels digital cameras?

Lunar X Prize:http://www.ghostnasa.com/posts/008moonprize.html
China WINS:http://www.ghostnasa.com/posts/009prizewinner.html
YouTube video:http://youtube.com/watch?v=lqIgl0kXkmo
My Website:http://www.gaetanomarano.it
My Blog:http://www.ghostnasa.com/

.

They can probably sub-divide sensors of any size into those pixel
numbers. But you couldn't afford the lenses needed to make use of
that kind of resolution.

Old September 23rd 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:05:21 GMT, Karnak the Great wrote:
: On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 02:37:25 -0700, gaetanomarano wrote:
:
: .
:
[...]

"By then"? By when? In your exuberance to foretell the future, you forgot to
actually name a date.

I'll go 2014 for the cheap 30Mp camera, but no earlier than 2050 for your more
grandiose scenario.

Bob
Old September 23rd 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
gaetanomarano

..

A SERIOUS EPISODE OF CENSORSHIP !!!

I know that just a few peoples like my ideas, proposals and opinions
while other peoples dislike them, but, I'm sure that, BOTH peoples,
WANT their countries will ALWAYS have DEMOCRACY and FREEDOM and nobody
likes that Google does in USA, Europe, etc. the same things it does in
China for business (if you don't know what, just search more info
googling...).

TWO years ago I've invented (and published on my website and several
space forums and blogs) the idea of a Moonrovers Prize competition:

http://www.gaetanomarano.it/moonprize/moonprize.html

Then, I've (also) sent dozens emails to websites, newspapers and big
companies to propose my idea, and that emails included one to Google
(that I still have with the files of "mail read" replies).

So, when Google has announced "its" ("original") "Lunar X Prize", I've
published two articles on my ghostNASA.com blog (hosted by
Bravenet.com) including the mail sent to Google, as evidence of the
TRUTH.

But, last Sept. 21, Bravenet, that seems be a Google's partner (like
half world...) has SUSPENDED my website (that's now inaccesible) and
(worst!) has DELETED my Bravenet account (and a PAID web hosting) so I
can't access to my three domains (two of them now inactive) to move
them to another server in Italy or Europe or Russia or India or
wherever there is NOT that censorship.

Well, until I'll have back my domains and put them on another server,
I want your help, since, what happened to me to-day, could happen
tomorrow TO YOU or to every FREE peoples that want to publish their
opinion without be CENSORED by BIG companies that believe they can do
everything they wants!!!

I'm posting this message on as many as possible forums and blogs (and
send to newspapers and websites) all over the world, but, of course, I
can't reach all them, so, if you have a website, a forum, a blog (or
write on other blogs/forums/websites/newspapers) please post this full
message on them to allow peoples know WHAT Google and/or Bravenet have
done!

Thank You

Gaetano Marano

Until I'll have my blog again, you can download a .pdf file with all
blog's articles (including those about the Google's "original" lunar
prize) clicking this link:

http://www.datafilehost.com/download.php?file=85344279

PS - If you'll experience any problem to download the .pdf file,
please send a mail to me, so, I'll put it on another server (and
another, another, another... if necessary) and its link on my
website's home page:

http://www.gaetanomarano.it/

..

Old September 23rd 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bart H.

Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:31:30 Scott W penned:

Somebody wrote:
We won't 99.9% of camera owners have no use for and do not have a
computer powerful enough to handle an image that size. 95% of people
have no use for anything above 20 to 25MP.

Somebody!

30MP is a really a very small image and just about any computer can
handle it with ease. You don't start to have problem until you are
above 100-200 MP, and even then it is no big deal if you have the ram
for it.

Scott

30MP is just 2X the resolution of a 7.5MP camera. Take 4 frames with a 10MP
camera, allowing some border overlap and stitch them together. You'll have the
very same image. 30MP is no vast improvement on today's technology. It's just
another one of those easy to manufacture numbers that they rely on to convince
you that a new camera is worth another $15,000 of your money.

This is a bit like the time that a CB-radio nut was telling me and everyone else
how he could talk to people 150 miles away because he had a powerful RF
amplifier on his antenna. My only question for him was, "What good is all that
power when you don't have anything to say that is worth listening to?" He had no
reply. This is the same reason that I don't bother paying for cable-TV, all
those channels with nothing on.

What good are all those mega-pixels when your photography isn't worth viewing?

I ran into someone who had a large-format photo studio situated in a very unique
location, affording him the opportunity to regularly photograph some subjects
rarely seen by others. In his studio he printed his photography to 6x4 ft. B&W
prints. According to the locals he was well known in the photography world yet I
had never heard of him. I shook my head as I walked out of his shop. Not one of
his photos would I even bother devoting to a postcard sized piece of paper. I
was there taking photos of the very same landscapes and flora & fauna, the same
subjects as he was printing, the only difference being that his photos were
bereft of any composition or appeal whatsoever. I had no intentions of selling,
just for personal use. Often handing them out for free to tourists in the area
whenever testing my solar-powered mobile setup for printing. Since his
photography was printed large-scale people who didn't have a clue about
photography nor art bought it for outlandish amounts of money. Later I checked
on Amazon to see about his published photography books. The highest price anyone
would pay for his hard-to-find and hefty coffee-table books was $3.75. A
testament to the quality of his photography. I was not wrong in my head-shaking.
People who didn't know any better paid thousands of dollars for a print. Not
because it was good but because it was big. Even worse, because others who also
didn't know any better told those people that his photography was worth buying.
Blind leading blind.

(I've since learned that quite a few renowned establishments in that area have
framed and now permanently display those 10"x8" and 18"x13" prints that I handed
out for free. Even though they were/are just test prints.)

A fool and his money are soon parted. Not just in buying photography but in the
cameras that they purchase to create it. Sure you'll be able to sell those
larger prints made from a 30MP camera but don't count on anyone ever applauding
you for your photography. They really only want something less annoying to cover
up that bad painting job or wallpaper.

Quality will beat quantity -- every time.