Moving Zoom and Pan?

Old November 7th 05, 01:38 PM
NoMad

Default Moving Zoom and Pan?

I would like to send hi-res images to my friends via email. Unfortunately
they are too big to fit the average screen. Therefore I would like to
display them as a moving pan across the large image. You see these pans
across still images all the time on television, even on HDTV, and it has a
dramatic effect. I would also like to zoom in on parts of the image to
emphasize a point.

Is there any software that will do this?

NM

Old November 10th 05, 07:31 AM
Randy Berbaum

NoMad wrote:
: I would like to send hi-res images to my friends via email.
: Unfortunately they are too big to fit the average screen. Therefore I
: would like to display them as a moving pan across the large image. You
: see these pans across still images all the time on television, even on
: HDTV, and it has a dramatic effect. I would also like to zoom in on
: parts of the image to emphasize a point.

: Is there any software that will do this?

: NM

Yes there are several DVD authoring programs that advertize that they can
do this "Ken Burns Style" effect. But to make a movie that includes this
effect and then email the result will not make you popular with the
receiver as the resulting file will be Huge. You would do better to just
send the jpg file and let the recipient size, scroll and zoom their own
browser.

Randy

Randy Berbaum
Champaign, IL