Helmut Newton Has Died

Old January 31st 04, 09:03 AM
John F. Opie

Default Helmut Newton Has Died

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:06:15 GMT, "T C Bulmer"
wrote:

Ok Ok, now you both just sound like a couple of school children bickering
over who's right and who's wrong. Guess what? It doesn't matter. If you were
debating the issue in a mature and calm fashion, fine, but you're not. You
both have resorted to name calling and pulling punches. It's amusing, but
silly all at the same time. Move on boys, find something new to bicker
about, this is getting boring.

Hi -

It really, really, really reminds me of why I decided *not* to pursue
a career in academics and went out into the real world. My reaction
now when someones crows about their PhD is one of deep relief that I
didn't waste all those years of my life...

John, a mere MA...

Old January 31st 04, 03:32 PM
Jean-David Beyer

wrote:

Ok Ok, now you both just sound like a couple of school children
bickering over who's right and who's wrong. Guess what? It doesn't
matter. If you were debating the issue in a mature and calm
fashion, fine, but you're not. You both have resorted to name
calling and pulling punches. It's amusing, but silly all at the
same time. Move on boys, find something new to bicker about, this
is getting boring.

Hi -

It really, really, really reminds me of why I decided *not* to pursue
a career in academics and went out into the real world. My reaction
now when someones crows about their PhD is one of deep relief that I
didn't waste all those years of my life...

I used to work in the research department of a large corporation well
known for the quality of its research. They used to get about 3 U.S.
Patents per day. There were lots of PhDs there. So many, in fact, that
no one paid attention to degrees. It was assumed that if you worked
there, you were qualified.

Consequently, one day when the telephone rang and someone asked for Dr.
Conner, I said this was not the medical department. The caller explained
he did not want an M.D. Then I realized who he wanted, turned to a
collegue and said, "It's for you, Dennis." Dennis had a Ph.D., but not
an M.D. At that place the only people called DOCTOR were in the medical
department.

/V\ Registered Machine 73926.
^^-^^ 9:25am up 24 days, 20:49, 2 users, load average: 2.19, 2.21, 2.18

Old February 2nd 04, 03:15 PM
Generic Eric

A working MCSE.

Better a big mouth than a narrow mind.

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message
wow. an mcp. he passed two tests and puts the logo on a web site

created
with a mac.

That's right...I saw the light a few years ago. I have other
certifications too, just haven't updated the site. How about you, big
mouth?

Old February 5th 04, 10:50 PM
William Graham

Default ...to speak ill of the dead is cowardly.

"T C Bulmer" wrote in message
"jjs" wrote in message

Just curious - how the devil are you posting to usenet without a

computer?
Bio-net?

--
T C Bulmer
remove the SPAM when replying
"jjs" wrote in message

I have been wondering the same thing for days now. Amazing isn't it?

Hey William, just curious, why pick on me for that comment? Why not

address
the one who asked the question in the first place. [sorry jjs ;-)] I think
you should pick on someone your own size.

Sorry, T C......I have been under a lot of pressure recently....My computer
really took a nose dive into the pavement....The guy had to load Windows XP,
with the resulting loss of software and other problems....I have been down
for over a week.....I think I am back to normal now......

Old February 7th 04, 08:38 PM
hmmmm

Default Was: Helmut Newton Has Died

Boys... boys. This is not the advocacy group. It's just a computer.

J. Kirk

"Generic Eric" wrote in news:1YsTb.303251$0P1.160494
@twister.nyc.rr.com:

Old February 20th 04, 06:35 AM
geo

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message
Then you may want to check out his work, and then you may understand
why some folks (at least two) do not mourn his passing.

Throughout his career he produced perverted and disgusting images. But
you NEA types probably thought it was beautiful.

And you KKKonservative KKKristians are always trying to impose your "values"
on everybody else. Now THAT'S disgusting.

Natural Light Black and White Photography
http://mysite.verizon.net/geost/
-George-

Old February 20th 04, 06:37 AM
geo

Oh Jesus. You KKKristians are always whining about liberals. Can't you
accept responsibility for anything?

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message
By the way, what is an NEA type? Is there something wrong with it? Is
it contagious? What type are you?

Why is it any of the government's business to fund "art"? And the
things that the NEA has funded in recent years is just pure crap. But
you libs like that kind of thing.

Old February 20th 04, 06:39 AM
geo

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message
This is such gratuitous nastiness that I must conclude
its a troll. Please go away.

Enjoying NPR?

Actually it's kind of boring. But I think ACLU is kind of cool. Oh god I
used the C word!!! Next I'm going to start wearing one pants leg higher than
the other.

Old February 20th 04, 06:42 AM
geo

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message

You win the award. We went for what...3-4 days before someone compared
me to a Nazi. Good going!

That's WAY too long. You're a Nazi.

Old February 20th 04, 06:44 AM
geo

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message
Try Ainsworthless.....

Oh come on...go for the obvious...Anus...

Noooooo, asshole is more fitting.