What photo do you admire the most and why?

Old August 15th 04, 07:00 AM
William Graham

"Sabineellen" wrote in message

This photo affects me every time I see it.
http://www.pbase.com/image/32537884

There's something about blondes that other girls lack.

Oh! - Hey!....You're right. - She is blonde, isn't she?

Old August 15th 04, 07:09 AM
Dallas

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:45:13 -0700, Mike Henley wrote:

Okay enough with those kill-the-SI/amend-the-SI etc threads that aren't
nearly a tenth as fun as the SI itself.

What photo (any photo by anyone) do you admire most and why? to make it
easier what photo comes readily to your mind that you really admire? Or
what photo affected you? or whatever you want the question to be.

Personally, one that readily comes to my mind and that I really like is
Hine's street child

http://www.masters-of-photography.co...reet_child.jpg

It captures so many feelings that I can see but I find difficult to put
into words.

The great photojournalist's pictures:

The flag on Iwo Jima by Jim Rosenthal. 1945 Pulitzer Prize.
The Napalm Girl of Trangbang by Nick Ut (won the Pulitzer Prize in 1971).
The Saigon execution by Eddie Adams (won the 1969 Pulitzer Prize).

I have a book called "Moments" which chronicles the Pulitzer Prize winners
since the inception of the award. A fascinating book. Get it if you can.

When I was younger, I could never understand why any sane person would put
themselves in the line of fire simply to take photographs. As I have
gotten older and my passion for photojournalism grows, I admire these
brave fools rather than question their motives.

--
Dallas
Group guidelines on http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm

Old August 15th 04, 09:11 AM
Sabineellen

he flag on Iwo Jima by Jim Rosenthal. 1945 Pulitzer Prize

http://www.iwojima.com/raising/raisingb.htm

The Napalm Girl of Trangbang by Nick Ut (won the Pulitzer Prize in 1971).
The Saigon execution by Eddie Adams (won the 1969 Pulitzer Prize).

This one too from that same era more or less
http://www.uncp.edu/library/instruction/images/monk.jpg
(Buddhist monk on fire)
June 11, 1963
Malcolm Browne, AP

Also, gotta love this pic
http://www.uncp.edu/library/instruct...ges/hearst.jpg
Patty Hearst as "Tania"
(Woman holding rifle)
April 3, 1974
AP Photo

Actually, this is quite a good photo collection
http://www.uncp.edu/library/instruction/photoessay.html

Old August 15th 04, 09:14 AM
Sabineellen

This photo affects me every time I see it.
http://www.pbase.com/image/32537884

There's something about blondes that other girls lack.

Oh! - Hey!....You're right. - She is blonde, isn't she?

She looks blonde to me. Even her butt looks blonde.

Hey, Bret, what's the story behind this pic?

Old August 15th 04, 05:27 PM
Alan Browne

Sabineellen wrote:

This photo affects me every time I see it.
http://www.pbase.com/image/32537884

There's something about blondes that other girls lack.

Oh! - Hey!....You're right. - She is blonde, isn't she?

She looks blonde to me. Even her butt looks blonde.

Hey, Bret, what's the story behind this pic?

.... the "behind" is the story!

Old August 15th 04, 06:00 PM
William Graham

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
.. .
Sabineellen wrote:

This photo affects me every time I see it.
http://www.pbase.com/image/32537884

There's something about blondes that other girls lack.

Oh! - Hey!....You're right. - She is blonde, isn't she?

She looks blonde to me. Even her butt looks blonde.

Hey, Bret, what's the story behind this pic?

... the "behind" is the story!

No.....I think the story is the behind......