What photo do you admire the most and why?

Old August 10th 04, 10:45 PM
Mike Henley

Default What photo do you admire the most and why?

Okay enough with those kill-the-SI/amend-the-SI etc threads that
aren't nearly a tenth as fun as the SI itself.

What photo (any photo by anyone) do you admire most and why? to make
it easier what photo comes readily to your mind that you really
admire? Or what photo affected you? or whatever you want the question
to be.

Personally, one that readily comes to my mind and that I really like
is Hine's street child

http://www.masters-of-photography.co...reet_child.jpg

It captures so many feelings that I can see but I find difficult to
put into words.

Old August 11th 04, 03:45 AM
Richard Cockburn

(Mike Henley) wrote in
om:

http://www.masters-of-photography.co...ne_street_chil
d.jpg

It captures so many feelings that I can see but I find difficult to
put into words.

The Vanessa Williams centerfold was up there with the best of 'em. ;-)

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn
Old August 11th 04, 05:55 AM
street shooter

(Mike Henley) wrote in message . com...
Okay enough with those kill-the-SI/amend-the-SI etc threads that
aren't nearly a tenth as fun as the SI itself.

What photo (any photo by anyone) do you admire most and why? to make
it easier what photo comes readily to your mind that you really
admire? Or what photo affected you? or whatever you want the question
to be.

Personally, one that readily comes to my mind and that I really like
is Hine's street child

http://www.masters-of-photography.co...reet_child.jpg

It captures so many feelings that I can see but I find difficult to
put into words.

Neil Leifer's "Ali v. Liston, 1965". The power in that image
excellently showcases the power of photography. Steve McCurry's
"Afghan Girl, 1984" is another. There's also a photograph of Bob
Dylan and Johnny Cash together which stands out in my mind, maybe by
Avedon - I can't remember. And, of course, I love classic street
photography by Winogrand, Cartier-Bresson and many members of the New
York Photo League whose names are not as recognizable as the others
I've listed.

Michael
Old August 11th 04, 05:45 PM
Sabineellen

The Vanessa Williams centerfold was up there with the best of 'em. ;-)

Ah! Vanessa Williams. Just googled her up and I see now; for over a day I was
somewhat puzzled 'cos I thought it was Venus Williams,
Old August 11th 04, 05:51 PM
Sabineellen

Neil Leifer's "Ali v. Liston, 1965".

http://www.popinternational.com/Leif...g/Ali-List.jpg
http://www.uncp.edu/library/instruct...ali_liston.jpg

Steve McCurry's
"Afghan Girl, 1984" is another.

I'm sure everyone knows this image. Possibly one of the most recognizable
today.