When selling a lens on eBay...

Old November 6th 07, 05:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas[_3_]

Default When selling a lens on eBay...

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in message
TheDave© wrote:

You asked a stupid question that you already knew the answer to and you
got
an answer you didn't want to hear. You then chose to throw a tantrum
while
****ing and moaning because the answer doesn't meet your expectations.
It's
really not my problem.

Yes, I've chosen to go with ad-hominem attacks, now. You can look up
what that means and pretend you knew what it meant when you fire back.
Have a nice day. :-)

Just trying to be helpful. You have a nice day as well.

Rita

Here is a classic case of the dog biting the hand that feeds it. Ask a
question, get the right answer, don't like it so go out and attack those who
gave the sound advise in the first place. If I though for one moment this
was a rare event, I'd just shrug and thing" Oh well", the idiot must live in
Chattanooga. But it happens all too often.

I know now that insecure zealots and village idiots who used to convey their
self importance with body language or physical intimidation now use
aggressive words and personal vilification in the hope it will do the same
thing... It doesn't!

All too often such people, faced with someone who won't back down, resort to
whatever they can, legal and illegal to try and recover their "self
important" status.

Dave... Instead or running around waving your hand in the air yelling "look
at me", just take the advice given you by two seasoned eBay sellers and
learn from it instead of firing off a fresh round at the 2 who offered you
help in the first place.

You never know, it could start a whole new trend of helping each other in
these groups... Is that likely?

Douglas

Old November 6th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Nov 5, 11:44 pm, "Douglas" wrote:

Here is a classic case of the dog biting the hand that feeds it. Ask a
question, get the right answer, don't like it so go out and attack those who
gave the sound advise in the first place. If I though for one moment this
was a rare event, I'd just shrug and thing" Oh well", the idiot must live in
Chattanooga.

You misspelled Tangalooma.
BTW, How do you shrug and thing?

Oh, I thing I know what you meant.
I thing I'll hop in my new FJ today and do some driving, maybe up on
one of the mountains nearby.
I'll be thinging about you stuck down there on that tiny island.
The Prisoner of Tangalooma.

Who you thing Rules?

Old November 8th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Korben Dallas

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
And also include some examples of what "scams" can be
perpetrated if you reveal the serial number? This is the second request.
I'm sure you wouldn't mind telling us if you can think of one?

anyone with even half a brain can come up with an obvious one. (of course,
coming up with _obvious_ things also requires a good _eyesight_. and yours,
rita, i'm sure is already damaged beyond repair by use of crooked nikon glass.)
a person can easily report the serial number into the various online databases
of stolen photographic equipment in an attempt to drive the price down or even
break the deal.
Old November 8th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Korben Dallas

Douglas wrote:
Wooo Hooo!
A new twist to eBay... Buyer scams!
Now that would be a good one.

the scams on ebay are about evenly distributed between seller scams and buyer
scams. it is amazing that a person can know how to spell ebay an at the same
time think that buyer scams are a "new twist". apparently you are even more
retarded than it seems at the first sight.
Old November 8th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas[_4_]

"Korben Dallas" wrote in message ...
Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
And also include some examples of what "scams" can be
perpetrated if you reveal the serial number? This is the second request.
I'm sure you wouldn't mind telling us if you can think of one?

anyone with even half a brain can come up with an obvious one. (of course,
coming up with _obvious_ things also requires a good _eyesight_. and
yours,
rita, i'm sure is already damaged beyond repair by use of crooked nikon
glass.)
a person can easily report the serial number into the various online
databases
of stolen photographic equipment in an attempt to drive the price down or
even
break the deal.

And that's your example of a buyer Scam? LOL.
You just insulted two people by insinuating their mentality is lower than
your. How you get lower than the bottom is something you haven't explained.
Now... The only example of a buyer scam you can come up with is reporting
goods stolen so they drive the price down... Get a life ******. All you're
doing is rattling the keys to see what's on the other side. Is taht you
looking stupid behind the Mac on kn.net?

Douglas