OVER 10,000 People Join Every Week! FREE SIGN-UP! CLICK HERE!

Old September 16th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Idiot Train - All Aboard!

Default OVER 10,000 People Join Every Week! FREE SIGN-UP! CLICK HERE!

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:52:37 GMT, "Mike" wrote:

I guess that includes people like yourself that will ramble on for days
about a spam post that most people just ignored.

Because it takes you days to read something that took less than 2 minutes to
type at 130 wpm? Perhaps you should make an appointment to see Evelyn Wood. If
you can't even read as fast as someone can type, that's really sad. Might I
suggest you find an alternate interest than the internet where most of it is
done by reading? If not, perhaps some video archive. Or a comic-book section
would be more to your speed, but stay away from those comic web sites with more
than 3 words per page and any that are longer than 5 or 6 letters. And by all
means, avoid any newsgroups where it is all text. You must be here just to
punish yourself.

Now everyone watch, as even more idiots jump on board the idiot-train started by
the original idiot spam-replier.I thought I'd show them all how it works, every
stupid time. Think they'll figure it out? Don't hold your breath.

Old September 16th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Heslop

"MarkČ" wrote:

Paul Heslop wrote:
"Idiot Train - All Aboard!" wrote:

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 23:13:34 -0700, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even
number wrote:

Paul Heslop wrote:
dating the right mate wrote:

OVER 10,000 People Join Every Week! FREE SIGN-UP! CLICK HERE!

Oh well, you won't miss us then.

Paul,

I block spammers...but when you respond to them (as you do SOOO
frequently do) we're still stuck seeing their posts through your
post. Surely you must realize that the spammers themselves NEVER
actually see your response...since they anonymously post them to
hundreds of groups...so would you be so kind as to simply ignore
them...so that the rest of us can ignore them as well?

Mark, just block all those that constantly reply to spammers too.
It's what I do. If they're that stupid and lonely and desperate to
reply to automated scripts for company (get the picture?), will they
ever type anything of value for anyone? Of course not. They're the
group with the lowest IQ to begin with and continually prove it by
doing so. They're also too slow to learn from their mistakes, so
don't expect them to change by trying to educate them. They can't be
educated. You are dealing with something that is mindless and
responds by reptilian brain-stem reflexes alone. Their higher level
functions for logic and reasoning are non-existent. Just like the
automated bots and spam scripts that they reply to for company in
life.

I did an interesting experiment in a chat room on one server last
year. I wrote a very simple AI script. It wasn't even very complex.
At times it would just trigger into an endless loop of the same 30
comments randomly timed. A few key words would trigger some other
loops and topics. I let it run for a week. Out of 50 to 100 people
that argued with it for a week, not one of them realized they were
arguing with a computer that whole time. I fired it up before I left
on a small trip and when I came back they were still arguing with
it, using that script and their computers for their only emotional
stimulation in life. That's precisely how stupid, desperate and
lonely some of these people are. Its nobody's fault but their own.
Their lives are already over, they just don't realize it yet. I
don't even bother feeling pity for them. They're the new
"sitting-dead".

The internet is making that old sci-fi story "The Terminal Man" into
an uncanny prophesy. People who electively wire up their minds to an
inanimate object for all their emotional stimulation in life so they
never have to risk being alive. And there they sit, lost in their
self-induced delusions, their lives already over. Don't let them
drag you into their electronic-graveyard with them.

:O) I'm so sad and lonely

I don't think you're sad...or lonely. I just think you underestimate the
annoyance caused to legitimate folk here when you force an otherwise-blocked
spam thread into view. You do it nearly every time. Surely the "fun
factor" for you has to have worn off by now...? I don't want to kill-file
you (as some have suggested) because aside from you insistence on replying
to nearly every mindless spammer, you seem a decent fellow.

Pretty please?

flattery will get you everywhere :O))

--
Paul (We won't die of devotion)
Stop and Look
Old September 16th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Heslop

"Idiot Train - All Aboard!" wrote:

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:52:37 GMT, "Mike" wrote:

I guess that includes people like yourself that will ramble on for days
about a spam post that most people just ignored.

Because it takes you days to read something that took less than 2 minutes to
type at 130 wpm?

oh good grief. I'm so glad I'm killfiled

Old September 17th 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Bartram

"dating the right mate" wrote

OVER 10,000 People Join Every Week! FREE SIGN-UP! CLICK HERE!
http://

And at least two of them are women (well, sort of...)

I see a lot of arguments (what, on r.p.d?) about replying to Spammers. It is
totally pointless aiming snide comments at the spammer himself (they won't
see it) but sometimes these threads are the only interesting thing going on
here. Oh no, not *another* diatribe on whether widgets are better than
wodgets!

And while Spammers won't bother to go through the individual groups they
auto-post to, they may well use Google group search to find out what
reaction they got, and upon seeing so many replies with r.p.d in the header,
decide this is fertile ground for the future. I subscribe to several
high-traffic text only groups, and this one gets a much higher percentage of
Spam than the rest put together.

Paul