EVEN BAD HAIR DAYS LOVE THE 20D !

Old September 6th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default EVEN BAD HAIR DAYS LOVE THE 20D !

Drove the new FJ Cruiser over to my favorite stomping ground at lunch
today and got all these shots without even getting out of the car. I
think that new Manfrotto window clamp that I picked up this weekend
for 20 bucks is gonna work out just fine.
All three of these shots were taken from distance of between 10 and 20
feet.
I had to patiently wait about 30 minutes in the heat to get the first
one (thank God for A/C).

Looks like somebody is having a bad hair day:

While I was waiting on that hottie, I also got this one:

And of course, no trip to the garden would be complete without the
obligatory butterfly shot:

Old September 6th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Sep 5, 9:33 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Drove the new FJ Cruiser over to my favorite stomping ground at lunch
today and got all these shots without even getting out of the car. I
think that new Manfrotto window clamp that I picked up this weekend
for 20 bucks is gonna work out just fine.
All three of these shots were taken from distance of between 10 and 20
feet.
I had to patiently wait about 30 minutes in the heat to get the first
one (thank God for A/C).

Looks like somebody is having a bad hair day:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/85116707/original

While I was waiting on that hottie, I also got this one:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/85116711/original

And of course, no trip to the garden would be complete without the
obligatory butterfly shot:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/85116713/original

Bret, you outdid yourself!
I've never seen a hummingbird so young. You captured it
beautifully.
The red flower with the bee is gorgeous! Vibrant color and the viewer
can actually see each line and vein on that flower! Killer job my
friend!
My fav. is the butterfly. The wings are captured just perfectly in a
pleasing position. Outstanding color, composition is to die for and
the bokeh is beautiful. This shot is definitely an award winner.
Helen

Old September 6th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
David J. Littleboy

"Annika1980"

Does good work even on a bad hair day.

Nice work. Great light on that bird, and superb bee shot.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old September 6th 07, 05:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
uw wayne

On Sep 5, 8:33 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Drove the new FJ Cruiser over to my favorite stomping ground at lunch
today and got all these shots without even getting out of the car. I
think that new Manfrotto window clamp that I picked up this weekend
for 20 bucks is gonna work out just fine.
All three of these shots were taken from distance of between 10 and 20
feet.
I had to patiently wait about 30 minutes in the heat to get the first
one (thank God for A/C).

Looks like somebody is having a bad hair day:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/85116707/original

While I was waiting on that hottie, I also got this one:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/85116711/original

And of course, no trip to the garden would be complete without the
obligatory butterfly shot:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/85116713/original

Bret you might want to keep an artist easel at the house, then make
some prints for easy display.

Old September 6th 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Sep 6, 11:33 am, Annika1980 wrote:
Looks like somebody is having a bad hair day:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/85116707/original

Nice, but the cropped tail is distracting.

While I was waiting on that hottie, I also got this one:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/85116711/original

Nice work, but it has that watercolor effect that you occasionally get
in your shots. Not sure if it is jpeg issues, noise reduction,
sharpening or a combination, but it just looks slightly mottled.

And of course, no trip to the garden would be complete without the
obligatory butterfly shot:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/85116713/original

Superb. Maybe not as pin-sharp as some of your masterpieces, but damn
close.