Is there any way to adjust the automatic focus on a camera?

Old July 1st 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter Jason

Default Is there any way to adjust the automatic focus on a camera?

Mine, an Olympus E500, seems to have AF
optimum focus slightly ahead of the automatic
one.

Can this be compensated for by some
adjustment?
Peter.

Old July 2nd 07, 07:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D[_2_]

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
Mine, an Olympus E500, seems to have AF optimum focus slightly ahead of
the automatic one.

Can this be compensated for by some adjustment?
Peter.

Normally there is but it means getting into factory settings, you will just
have to find out how to do that and away you go.

Old July 3rd 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter Jason

"Pete D" wrote in
message

"Peter Jason" wrote in
message
Mine, an Olympus E500, seems to have AF
optimum focus slightly ahead of the
automatic one.

Can this be compensated for by some
adjustment?
Peter.

Normally there is but it means getting into
factory settings, you will just have to
find out how to do that and away you go.

I have an Olympus E500, and so I now need a
service manual.

Old July 3rd 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D[_2_]

"Pete D" wrote in message

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
Mine, an Olympus E500, seems to have AF optimum focus slightly ahead of
the automatic one.

Can this be compensated for by some adjustment?
Peter.

Normally there is but it means getting into factory settings, you will
just have to find out how to do that and away you go.

I have an Olympus E500, and so I now need a service manual.

Good luck. I know that when the service mode was found out for the Pentax
K10D Pentax changed it in the next firmware update.

Old July 3rd 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Don F[_2_]

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
Mine, an Olympus E500, seems to have AF optimum focus slightly ahead of
the automatic one.

Can this be compensated for by some adjustment?
Peter.

Some samples of early Nikon D70 cameras experienced back focus problems.
Nikon wrote that the back focus problem correction was corrected in some
cases in the camera firmware (not hardware).
This was confirmed by some who said that the focus problem went away with
a (then new) firmware upgrade.
I don't know if this is true for all cameras but it appears to be true for
some (or all) Nikon DSLRs .
The following was received from Nikon in an e-mail exchange:
"Please do not put too much stock into the classifications you see on
your invoice. We are in the midst of a computer change-over and some things
need to be ironed out. Usually a focus adjustment on a camera such as the
D70 is carried out by testing and making changes in the camera software, not
by replacing major parts"

--

Don F