Adorama Sucks!!!

Old March 2nd 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
U-Know-Who

Default Adorama Sucks!!!

I made a purchase from Adorama through Amazon.com. It was for a 77mm filter
that was about half of the price that Adorama sells it directly for. Long
story short...Adorama shipped it USPS, issued a tracking number that is only
valid when delivered, and will not answer emails or when I do get into the
queue for telephone customer support, I wait on hold and get disconnected.
Now, keep in mind that you have to call relentlessly to even get into the
queue because the number is busy at all times, except during their lunch
hour when they have a recording that customer service is closed.

Oh well, I knew I used B&H for a reason!!!

I'll update this to let all know what comes of it.

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 3rd 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington

"U-Know-Who" wrote in message
I made a purchase from Adorama through Amazon.com. It was for a 77mm filter
that was about half of the price that Adorama sells it directly for. Long
story short...Adorama shipped it USPS, issued a tracking number that is
only valid when delivered,

That's really all the USPS so-called tracking and delivery confirmation is
good for, proof of delivery. I don't know why USPS calls it "tracking"
anyway. It *may* show up when it reaches your P.O., more often does not, and
doesn't show where it is while it's en route in any case. It's nothing like
UPS or FedEx tracking.

and will not answer emails or when I do get into the queue for telephone
customer support, I wait on hold and get disconnected. Now, keep in mind
that you have to call relentlessly to even get into the queue because the
number is busy at all times, except during their lunch hour when they have
a recording that customer service is closed.

Oh well, I knew I used B&H for a reason!!!

I haven't used Adorama through Amazon, but I've bought from them directly
several times and found them reliable. Anything that's shipped to you USPS
is going to be subject to the vagaries of USPS no matter who ships it, and
there isn't much you or they can do about it. Didn't they give you other
choices for shipping?

Dunno why you're complaining. You bought the filter at half price, had it
shipped by the cheapest method, and as far as you know it's on its way to
you.

I'll update this to let all know what comes of it.

Goody.

Old March 3rd 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Phil K

"U-Know-Who" wrote in message
I made a purchase from Adorama through Amazon.com. It was for a 77mm filter
that was about half of the price that Adorama sells it directly for. Long
story short...Adorama shipped it USPS, issued a tracking number that is
only valid when delivered, and will not answer emails or when I do get into
the queue for telephone customer support, I wait on hold and get
disconnected. Now, keep in mind that you have to call relentlessly to even
get into the queue because the number is busy at all times, except during
their lunch hour when they have a recording that customer service is
closed.

Oh well, I knew I used B&H for a reason!!!

I'll update this to let all know what comes of it.

http://www.usenet.com

Adorama isn't the problem, it is a first rate operation. Your problems are
the USPS and your penurious nature. Don't bother with the update.

Old March 3rd 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
john cuthbertson

"Phil K" wrote in message
. ..

"U-Know-Who" wrote in message
[...]

15 Bonus Points for 'penurious nature' - well done, Phil!!

Old March 3rd 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
U-Know-Who

"Phil K" wrote in message
. ..

"U-Know-Who" wrote in message
[...]

So, in your tiny mind, not answering phone calls or emails is good customer
service? That's the issue.

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 3rd 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Mitchum

U-Know-Who wrote:

I made a purchase from Adorama through Amazon.com. It was for a 77mm
filter that was about half of the price that Adorama sells it directly
for. Long story short...Adorama shipped it USPS, issued a tracking number
that is only valid when delivered, [..]

I ship stuff USPS all the time, and use the delivery confirmation. I
don't even give the confirmation number to customers because they want
to track it like UPS and end up disappointed with it.

If you paid for UPS or whatever other expedited shipping method, then
it's their screwup. But if you didn't, then you'll just have to wait.
Old March 3rd 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
223rem

U-Know-Who wrote:
I made a purchase from Adorama through Amazon.com. It was for a 77mm filter
that was about half of the price that Adorama sells it directly for. Long
story short...Adorama shipped it USPS, issued a tracking number that is only
valid when delivered, and will not answer emails or when I do get into the
queue for telephone customer support, I wait on hold and get disconnected.
Now, keep in mind that you have to call relentlessly to even get into the
queue because the number is busy at all times, except during their lunch
hour when they have a recording that customer service is closed.

Oh well, I knew I used B&H for a reason!!!

What exactly is the problem? You paid, they shipped, now you have to
just wait a little. What do you hope to achieve by calling them
'relentlessly'?

I'll update this to let all know what comes of it.

I can hardly wait.
Old March 3rd 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
U-Know-Who

"223rem" wrote in message
m...
U-Know-Who wrote:
[...]

The expected date to receive it was from 2/22-2/27. The order was made on
2/18. It is now 3/2/07. The item was shipped priority mail. The calling them
comment was in reference to getting a busy signal at all times, and if...if
you do manage to get into the automated system, you get mysteriously
disconnected.

I swear, some of the comments from this group make me think that you people
would support a soccer team comprised of quadriplegics!

FWI, I am not alone in my assessment of them.

http://photo.net/neighbor/view-one?n...hbor_id=189684

http://www.epinions.com/webs-Web_Ser...ir_~asc#survey

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 3rd 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
babaloo

Unless something has changed in the last week Adorama is a reputable vendor.
When you do a large volume as does Adoram and B&H and rely on an independent
shipper things are bound to go awry. Also, given human nature there will be,
among the valid complaints, a cornucopia of complaints that may or may not
have any validity. People tend to post complaints and not favorable reviews
and to make the problems suffered sound worse than the tortures of Job. As
an example the guy who complained about delays on a half price filter to be
delivered by the frigging post office. The post office: and he blames
Adorama!
Let no good deed go unpunished.

Old March 3rd 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

"U-Know-Who" wrote in message

"223rem" wrote in message
m...
U-Know-Who wrote:
[...]

You should have ordered it from KEA Photographic in Hong Kong, that is where
I got all my Filters. Very good delivery, but of course they do not use
the USA Postal system to get to UK.

Roy G