F4s

Old July 28th 04, 08:59 PM
Dallas

Default F4s

Oh yeah, baby!

This is what a real camera is all about. I have spent the best part of the
evening familiarising myself with the different fucntions and it's almost
like running into an old friend you haven't seen for ages.

I like EVERYTHING about this camera. Especially the fact that I am able to
use my ancient, but extra-ordinary pre-AI Nikkors with the body in stop
down mode (I don't think I will even bother getting them AI'd).

The viewfinder is so bright it nearly dried up my contact lens when I
looked into it. After two years of peering into the pitiful excuse of a
viewfinder I have come to expect with my D60, I can almost liken the
experience to that one would feel after having cataracts removed.

I have the original manual and box for the camera, plus I got the MF-23
back for it and a MC-10 remote release. Just on this release, I don't
think it is the right one for the camera. The manual says I should be
using an MC-12. I tried plugging in the MC-10 and while it activates the
meter, it doesn't trip the shutter. Anyone able to confirm what camera the
MC-10 is for?

That MF-23 is something else!!! I wonder if a modern camera will ever have
as many functions as that thing has built into it?

Awesome! AWESOME! A W E S O M E !!!!!

--
Dallas
Group guidelines on http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm
Old July 28th 04, 09:47 PM
Matt Clara

"Dallas" wrote in message
newsan.2004.07.28.19.58.55.934000@southafrican.. .
Oh yeah, baby!

This is what a real camera is all about. I have spent the best part of the
evening familiarising myself with the different fucntions and it's almost
like running into an old friend you haven't seen for ages.

I like EVERYTHING about this camera. Especially the fact that I am able to
use my ancient, but extra-ordinary pre-AI Nikkors with the body in stop
down mode (I don't think I will even bother getting them AI'd).

Yeah, I want one. Well done. Even better yet would be an F3HP with 1/250th
sync speed. Unfortunately 1/80th is all you get!

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old July 28th 04, 10:41 PM
David Bindle

Yes Dallas, the F4s was (is) a sweet camera. I had one for quite a few
years. I finally sold it to buy an 8008s and a 6006 and some lenses.
I have to admit, I do miss it sometimes. (Now I shoot with a pair of
EOS-5's/wVG-10's and Elan IIe).
The F4 with the SB-24 and MF-23 and MC-12 is a great combo.
Of course, even more important is the glass...
Great glass on even the cheapest camera always beats bad glass on expensive
bodies...
Enjoy your new camera!
D.B.

Old July 29th 04, 12:31 AM
William Graham

"Dallas" wrote in message
newsan.2004.07.28.19.58.55.934000@southafrican.. .
Oh yeah, baby!

This is what a real camera is all about. I have spent the best part of the
evening familiarising myself with the different fucntions and it's almost
like running into an old friend you haven't seen for ages.

I like EVERYTHING about this camera. Especially the fact that I am able to
use my ancient, but extra-ordinary pre-AI Nikkors with the body in stop
down mode (I don't think I will even bother getting them AI'd).

Wait until you start finding those beautiful, "E" type Nikkors for less than
$100 each on eBay and KEH......

Old July 29th 04, 08:20 AM
Philip Homburg

In article pan.2004.07.28.19.58.55.934000@southafrican,
Dallas wrote:
I tried plugging in the MC-10 and while it activates the
meter, it doesn't trip the shutter. Anyone able to confirm what camera the
MC-10 is for?

According to Braczko, the MC-10 works on the MD-2, MD-3, MD-12 and MD-15.
(F2, FE/FM/FE2/FM2/FM3A, FA)

--
The Electronic Monk was a labor-saving device, like a dishwasher or a video
recorder. [...] Video recorders watched tedious television for you, thus saving