F5 vs 1v

Old August 2nd 04, 03:13 PM
Dallas

Default F5 vs 1v

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 13:51:46 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:

There are various scanners that meet the criteria above. For $800 you get
a superb scanner such as the DSE 5400. For a lot less you get used
scanners that outperform digital in pixel count and dynamic range.

$800 ain't cheap where I come from.

And what about self developing film? You don't even have to take it into
a lab or buy chemicals. You just pop it into your camera and when you
take it out it is fully processed.

Polaroid never sold in the RSA?

Yes, but Polaroid is not film. It's a print. And it's really expensive.

What I want is a 35mm cartridge to contain film that requires no
processing other than a very quick exposure of light. When I pull it out
of the camera it should look like a processed slide.

--
Dallas
Group guidelines on http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm

Old August 2nd 04, 04:50 PM
Alan Browne

Dallas wrote:

What I want is a 35mm cartridge to contain film that requires no
processing other than a very quick exposure of light. When I pull it out
of the camera it should look like a processed slide.

We can't always get what we want. In the meantime you could
process your E-6 at home for a modeset investment.