Where do I find 35mm talk?

Old February 8th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Where do I find 35mm talk?

"Mike" wrote:

Try a moderated forum dedicated to traditional photography...like
www.apug.org

This is the answer, Ric.

Knowledgeable people who are highly dedicated to the art and craft of
traditional photography. There is a dedicated 35mm forum and a separate
rangefinder forum with a high percentage of 35mm input. The site as a whole
shows most activity for large format cameras and wet darkroom work, but with
about 10,500 members and around 500 posts per day of solid photographic
info, there is something meaningful there for everyone.

It makes this place look somewhat like a loony bin...

Ken

Old February 8th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Film and Democracy in Amerika are both dead!

--
Thanks,
Gene Palmiter

"Chris Loffredo" wrote in message
Ric Trexell wrote:
I went to the 35mm photo newsgroup and found everybody is talking about
Bush. If I go to a political newsgroup, will they be talking about
cameras?
If I go to a sex newsgroup will they be talking about Jesus and his
coming
return? What about if I go to a Christian newsgroup, will I see dirty
pictures? How do you work these newsgroups anyway? Ric.

Consider yourself lucky that they are currently discussing politics;
otherwise many of these characters would be chanting "Digital roolz!" and
"Film is dead!"

Old February 9th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Mike" wrote:

www.apug.org

"That_Rich" wrote:

Thanks for the link Ken. I was not aware of this site.... looks like a
great place.

Hi Rich,

It is. The SN ratio is almost a "divide by zero" error...

The vast majority of topic and posting moderation is self-inflicted as well,
as these guys show no interest in the kinds of nonsense that passes for -
and is endlessly justified as somehow being - normal here. They get on with
it.

And for anyone else reading, never forget that one's time in this world is
terrifyingly short. So remember what Coach Carter said. "Life is full of
choices. Choose wisely."

Ken

P.S. Credit is to "Mike" who originally posted the link.

Old February 9th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Too much digital talk here, I don't mind digital talk, but I would go
to a Digital user group for that.

Old February 9th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Ken Nadvornick" wrote in message
"Mike" wrote:

www.apug.org

"That_Rich" wrote:

Thanks for the link Ken. I was not aware of this site.... looks like a
great place.

Hi Rich,

It is. The SN ratio is almost a "divide by zero" error...

The vast majority of topic and posting moderation is self-inflicted as
well,
as these guys show no interest in the kinds of nonsense that passes for -
and is endlessly justified as somehow being - normal here. They get on
with
it.

"The vast majority of topic and posting moderation is self-inflicted as
well"...how else do you imagine moderated forums work? It's the threat of
moderation/expulsion that keeps everyone in line, or else you would see the
looneys that show up here show up there, and you would see off topic
discussions as well. As such, your statement has little meaning.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old February 10th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On 2006-02-07 19:53:01 -0500, "Ric Trexell" said:

I went to the 35mm photo newsgroup and found everybody is talking about
Bush. If I go to a political newsgroup, will they be talking about cameras?
If I go to a sex newsgroup will they be talking about Jesus and his coming
return? What about if I go to a Christian newsgroup, will I see dirty
pictures? How do you work these newsgroups anyway? Ric.

Sadly you don't find a whole lot of 35mm talk here either. The digitals
have taken it over.
--
Michael | "He's dead, Jim."

Old February 12th 06, 11:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Michael Weinstein wrote:
: On 2006-02-07 19:53:01 -0500, "Ric Trexell" said:

: I went to the 35mm photo newsgroup and found everybody is talking about
: Bush. If I go to a political newsgroup, will they be talking about cameras?
: If I go to a sex newsgroup will they be talking about Jesus and his coming
: return? What about if I go to a Christian newsgroup, will I see dirty
: pictures? How do you work these newsgroups anyway? Ric.

: Sadly you don't find a whole lot of 35mm talk here either. The digitals
: have taken it over.

A number of people have complained stating that the digitals should go to the
digital groups to post but at the time nobody cared.

--

-------------------
Old February 12th 06, 11:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

William Graham wrote:

: "Annika1980" wrote in message
: ups.com...
: If I go to a political newsgroup, will they be talking about cameras?
: If I go to a sex newsgroup will they be talking about Jesus and his coming
: return? What about if I go to a Christian newsgroup, will I see dirty
: pictures?
:
: Why not go there and see?
:
: It seems the political posts have picked up in all the newsgroups
: lately.
: Perhaps people are finally waking up.
:
: Yes. When the Gestapo's break down your door and take your camera away, then
: maybe you'll wish you had paid a little attention to the politics......

As long as the right thinking Republicans are in charge that'll never happen.

--

Old February 12th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Ric Trexell wrote:

pictures? How do you work these newsgroups anyway? Ric.

Every rare once in a while I agree with Tony Spadaro. This is one of
those times.