close-up photos

Old November 14th 05, 04:16 AM
Chisa

Default close-up photos

I'm looking for the best digital cam for close-up photos so if anyone has a
web site address that has dcam reviews comparing pictures and explaining
why one is better than the other, I'd appreciate it.

What would you recommend?

Thanks a bunch.

Old November 14th 05, 05:24 AM
Backbone

What do mean by close-up - How close do you mean - macro stuff or?

--
There are no words that can be heard unless someone listens....
Remove *flaps* to reply
news

Old November 14th 05, 05:58 AM

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 23:16:39 -0500, "Chisa" wrote:

I'm looking for the best digital cam for close-up photos so if anyone has a
web site address that has dcam reviews comparing pictures and explaining
why one is better than the other, I'd appreciate it.

What would you recommend?

The Canon S2 IS will do closeups down to 0mm. That's right, zero, the object can be touching the
lens!

Old November 14th 05, 06:32 AM
Bob Williams

Chisa wrote:
I'm looking for the best digital cam for close-up photos so if anyone has a
web site address that has dcam reviews comparing pictures and explaining
why one is better than the other, I'd appreciate it.

What would you recommend?

Thanks a bunch.

When you say "BEST", what dom you mean?
The absolute best, price no object?
The best under $1000?
The best P/S camera?
The best macro per dollar?
The more info you give the better answers you will get.
Bob Williams

Old November 14th 05, 12:22 PM
Joseph Meehan

Chisa wrote:
I'm looking for the best digital cam for close-up photos so if anyone
has a web site address that has dcam reviews comparing pictures and
explaining why one is better than the other, I'd appreciate it.

What would you recommend?

Thanks a bunch.

It would be best to tell us what you want to photograph and how you
intend to use the photos.

Our recommendations are likely to be different for someone photographing
stamps for public displays of 16x20 prints or someone photographing china
for sale on eBay.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Old November 14th 05, 01:13 PM
James Silverton

Joseph wrote on Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:22:17 GMT:

JM Chisa wrote:
?? I'm looking for the best digital cam for close-up photos
?? so if anyone has a web site address that has dcam reviews
?? comparing pictures and explaining why one is better than
?? the other, I'd appreciate it.
??
?? What would you recommend?
??
?? Thanks a bunch.

JM It would be best to tell us what you want to photograph
JM and how you intend to use the photos.
JM Our recommendations are likely to be different for
JM someone photographing stamps for public displays of 16x20
JM prints or someone photographing china for sale on eBay.

That seems like a very good point. It sounds pedantic but, IMHO,
what is meant by "best" is a real question: most versatile,
closest focus, depth of field, ease of focus etc. The last might
involve the ability to add attachments for using the viewfinder,
which is something that might concern me since I like making
close-ups of flowers.

James Silverton.

Old November 14th 05, 05:26 PM
DonC

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
Chisa wrote:
I'm looking for the best digital cam for close-up photos so if anyone
has a web site address that has dcam reviews comparing pictures and
explaining why one is better than the other, I'd appreciate it.

What would you recommend?

Thanks a bunch.

If 3.2MP is adequate for your purposes and 2 cm (0.8") is close enough,
you'd be hard pressed to do better than a used Nikon CP995. I picked one
up 2 years ago for $200.

You can easily pick one up for $200 on Ebay.

Old November 14th 05, 08:22 PM

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 03:53:54 -0600, Ron Hunter wrote:

The Canon S2 IS will do closeups down to 0mm. That's right, zero, the object can be touching the
lens!

Not exactly a selling point. Grin.
I would rather NOT have the subject touching my camera lens.

I have lens armor on mine. ;-)