Book: 2005 Photographers Market (Photographer's Market)

Old December 14th 04, 08:59 PM
AnalogKid

Default Book: 2005 Photographers Market (Photographer's Market)

I was thinking about buying this book:

2005 Photographers Market (Photographer's Market)
by Donna Poehner, Erika Kruse
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/158297277X

It seems a pretty complete reference for self promotion.
Anybody has any opinions, Amazon has zero!

Thanks
AK

Old December 14th 04, 11:09 PM
Michael A. Covington

2005 Photographers Market (Photographer's Market)
by Donna Poehner, Erika Kruse
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/158297277X

It seems a pretty complete reference for self promotion.
Anybody has any opinions, Amazon has zero!

It is the standard handbook in the field. Of course, what you really want
to know is whether it has enabled anybody here to sell pictures...and I'd be
glad to know that too!

Old December 15th 04, 01:46 AM
Lisa Horton

AnalogKid wrote:

I was thinking about buying this book:

2005 Photographers Market (Photographer's Market)
by Donna Poehner, Erika Kruse
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/158297277X

It seems a pretty complete reference for self promotion.
Anybody has any opinions, Amazon has zero!

If you have use for it, it's an excellent tool. Been around for years.

Lisa
Old December 27th 04, 04:43 PM
AnalogKid

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:09:59 -0500, "Michael A. Covington"
wrote:

2005 Photographers Market (Photographer's Market)
by Donna Poehner, Erika Kruse
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/158297277X

It seems a pretty complete reference for self promotion.
Anybody has any opinions, Amazon has zero!

It is the standard handbook in the field. Of course, what you really want
to know is whether it has enabled anybody here to sell pictures...and I'd be
glad to know that too!

Yeah, that would be interesting. I'm starting from a handful of nice
promising pictures, but need to:
- improve my technique (workshops ? Courses ? What else ?)
- build a portfolio (How fancy ? Generic vs Custom made ?)

And then start networking and pushing my stuff... I'm open to selling
to any type of media at this point, thinking of specializing in
waterver turns out to be more up my alley and more profitable at the
same time.

Any professional advice ? TIA
AK
Old December 27th 04, 10:38 PM
ian green

search rec.photo groups for 'Turning Semi-Pro Photographer'
400Kb worth to read

--

?? ???? / ian green

Xeto : photographic project
???? : ??????????
http://xeto.front.ru
..
EOF

Old December 28th 04, 06:45 PM
AnalogKid

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 01:38:16 +0300, "ian green"
wrote:

search rec.photo groups for 'Turning Semi-Pro Photographer'
400Kb worth to read

Thanks!