Whats sharpest?

Old November 28th 04, 01:48 PM
Thom

Default Whats sharpest?

Anyone seen any data on whoi makes the sharpist 28-200mm zoom lens in
the K-mount? Are they as sharp as the 28-80's? (I have a 28-80
Pentax-A)

THOM
Old December 3rd 04, 11:59 AM
Thom

On 01 Dec 2004 14:30:00 -0500,
(Stephen H. Westin) wrote:

(Thom) writes:

Anyone seen any data on whoi makes the sharpist 28-200mm zoom lens in
the K-mount?

Are they as sharp as the 28-80's? (I have a 28-80
Pentax-A)

Probably not. There doesn't seem to be a good 28-200 on the market;
apparently optical technology hasn't advanced far enough to do that
with reasonable size and weight. A better choice might be something
in the 80-200 or 70-200 range to supplement your current lens.

I'm doing that now, have a second body with a Vivitar 70-210 which is
going flaky on me (F-stop problems). I'ed like to reduce weight to
one lens and one body when I'm hiking. Getting old I'm afraid.

Thanks
THOM

--
-Stephen H. Westin

Old December 3rd 04, 06:06 PM
me

"Thom" wrote in message
I'm doing that now, have a second body with a Vivitar 70-210 which is
going flaky on me (F-stop problems).

Flaky how? What is the problem with the f-stops? I *may* know of a fix.
Film, better than all the rest!
me

Old December 5th 04, 07:03 PM
Bandicoot

"Thom" wrote in message
Anyone seen any data on whoi makes the sharpist 28-200mm zoom
lens in the K-mount? Are they as sharp as the 28-80's? (I have a 28-
80 Pentax-A)

THOM

None of them is anywhere near as good as a decent 28-80. That said, the
Pentax one is among the better examples. I have one, use it very seldom,
but always find it to be not as bad as I expect whenever I do...

Peter

Old December 5th 04, 07:30 PM
me

"Thom" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:06:25 -0600, "me" wrote:

"Thom" wrote in message
I'm doing that now, have a second body with a Vivitar 70-210 which is
going flaky on me (F-stop problems).

Flaky how? What is the problem with the f-stops? I *may* know of a fix.
Film, better than all the rest!
me

it sticks on F:22 no matter what you set it at.
THOM

Does it stick when it's not on the camera? Look through the lens from the
rear and rotate the aperture ring to see if it does.
me