Bestbuy sucks

Old February 3rd 04, 07:27 AM

Default Bestbuy sucks

Mike wrote:

hi, I just wanna vent over a frustrating experience I had at best buy.
Seems like they don't even know how to treat a customer now. Im in the
market for a new digicam and pretty much know which one I want. Its my
first one but I used my brothers Canon Powershot s400 and loved it so
I want the same one. Usually when I shop I prefer to be in and out in
under 15 minutes so I figure I can just pick it up, pay and leave..
but this wasn't the case.. I head over to a new best that opened up
and happy to find they carry the s400. the salesperson at the camera
section "Donald" was helping out an old lady so I flag another
salesperson out and ask if he can help me out.. nope I have to wait on
Donald because the other salesperson is out. Ok so i wait.. 5 minutes
pass so i intrude on the two and tell him I know exactly what I want
he says he'll be just a minute.. another 5 minutes pass.. ok.. so I
intrude again telling him he can just hand it to me and I'll be on my
way. He tells me he has to check it out at his counter first and he'll
just be a minute. Fine.. after 8 minutes he finally finishes and the
old lady didn't even make a purchase! So now he comes over with some
attitude and ask "which one you want" giving some head nod like he's a
freakin crack dealer. So i tell him and he pulls it out from under the
case and asks if I want the extended warranty, I tell him no.. then he
goes on his typical warranty spiel telling me I'll be a fool to not
buy it.. i tell him no just give me the camera.. then he leans over
and tells me he doesn't make commission on selling these thing but
gets for selling warranty. Right there i lose it.. I don't know if BB
is trying to intentionally drive customers insane but he just about
did it for me. Im normally not a hot head and I've never made a scene
in such a public place.. not sure what exactly drove me to telling the
guy off in such language and manner but I did and I even grabbed the
guy by his stupid blue polo and nearly caused physical harm to him.
Security comes and I tell them to F#%$ off and walk out. what
embarrassment. I seriously made an ass out of myself but anyway...
whatever. I hate best buy.

That's what you get for not buying a Foveon

Old February 3rd 04, 07:35 AM
Dennis & Sherry Coe

Had a very similar experience about 1 year ago at Best Buy in Spokane when I
was getting a new computer. Waited and waited and finally went a few blocks
a way and got one at Office Depot.
Dennis in Idaho

Old February 4th 04, 12:21 AM
Slingblade

And I had a similar experience a couple years ago with Best Buy in
Atlanta dealing with a computer monitor. I bought some brand I'd
never heard of before, got it home and not only did I have to adjust
the darkness control all the way dark just to keep the screen from
having a grey glow around the border, but the colors looked like
something out of a psychedalic 60's rock band poster. Everything was
neon red, neon blue, neon green, etc... Then to top it all
off...every time the monitor was shut off, it'd reset to some interim
setting on the brightness control, and I'd have to once again turn it
all the way to the dark side next time I used it. Then a few days
after I got it...while pushing the darkening button, the darn thing
fell inside the monitor housing. I started to open up the case on the
monitor and try to fix it myself, but I was thoroughly disgusted with
this monitor and took it back. Best Buy gave us a big run around
about the monitor, and then because I'd mailed off the rebate card and
warranty card the first day I got it, they refused to refund the price
of the rebate. Luckily, I did finally get the rebate check, but it
was several months later. I still don't remember the brand of the
monitor, but seems like it might have been one of those E-machines or
something along that lines.

What did I do? Same as you...drove to Office Depot. Found a very
good ViewSonic monitor (a monitor I'd heard of and had seen before,
and had read good reviews of). It was about 100 dollars higher for a
similar size/featured monitor as the one from Best Buy, but it had a
bigger rebate (which came in just a couple weeks), and wound up
actually only costing about 30 or 40 dollars more than the one at Best
Buy had cost.

I have bought from Best Buy since then, but only things like a DVD
player, or discs or gameboy games. I will not buy computer gear from
them. I am also getting sick of having to deal with REBATES. I
purchased some RAM from CompUSA over a year ago, sent off the rebate
form for it...even received a confirmation via email that it was being
processed, and after several contacts to the clearing house and well
over a year later, I never got my rebate check, although they claim it
was mailed twice but never cleared back through their bank. I
supplied them with complete information several times and was assured
I'd get my check soon. Then after a few months, I once again emailed
them only to be told the time limit was up and they were sorry.

Old February 4th 04, 03:00 AM
Mark A

"Slingblade" wrote in message
[...]

Your comments seem incredibly off-base to me. There is no way you are
entitled to get the rebate refunded, and even suggesting that you should is
fraud on your part. Most stores will not do any refund or exchange once you
send in the rebate form (you need to deal with the manufacturer at that
point). Bestbuy has the most liberal return policy in retail, so they
accommodated you where most other stores would not have.

Somehow, you are blaming Bestbuy for the product quality of the
manufacturer. Most of these retail places sell the same products as everyone
else, so I don't understand why you complain about Bestbuy.

You sound like an incredible crybaby to me. The other people had problems
with the help, which is at least understandable, but your complaints are
absurd.