OT Sea Monkey

Old September 8th 10, 02:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter[_7_]

Default OT Sea Monkey

My Sea Monkey newsreader always crashes when I try to read this group with
it. I do not have the issue with any other news group. Strange, the
newsreader is based upon Mozilla, yet I do not have the issue with Mozilla.
Has anyone here had the issue? I am trying to isolate the cause.

--
Peter

Old September 8th 10, 02:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ofnuts

On 08/09/2010 15:07, Peter wrote:
My Sea Monkey newsreader always crashes when I try to read this group
with it. I do not have the issue with any other news group. Strange, the
newsreader is based upon Mozilla, yet I do not have the issue with
Mozilla. Has anyone here had the issue? I am trying to isolate the cause.

No problem with Thunderbird here.

--
Bertrand
Old September 8th 10, 02:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John A.[_2_]

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 09:07:26 -0400, "Peter"
wrote:

My Sea Monkey newsreader always crashes when I try to read this group with
it. I do not have the issue with any other news group. Strange, the
newsreader is based upon Mozilla, yet I do not have the issue with Mozilla.
Has anyone here had the issue? I am trying to isolate the cause.

I haven't used it for news for quite a while, but from what I recall
you may have to delete and rebuild the index file(s). Sorry, I don't
know where those are. Google should find it, though.

I have no idea if that will affect the read/unread status, etc.
Old September 8th 10, 02:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter[_7_]

"Ofnuts" wrote in message
On 08/09/2010 15:07, Peter wrote:
My Sea Monkey newsreader always crashes when I try to read this group
with it. I do not have the issue with any other news group. Strange, the
newsreader is based upon Mozilla, yet I do not have the issue with
Mozilla. Has anyone here had the issue? I am trying to isolate the cause.

No problem with Thunderbird here.

I don't have the issue with Thunderbird. Just the version of Mozilla that
comes packaged with Sea Monkey.

--
Peter