Not-A-Duck, In the Rain - Quite a Success Story

Old September 4th 10, 02:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
George Kerby

Default Not-A-Duck, In the Rain - Quite a Success Story

On 9/3/10 5:45 PM, in article ,
"Superzooms Still Win" wrote:

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:13:31 -0400, "Tim Conway"
wrote:

"LOL!" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:57:25 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Sep 2, 9:41 pm, Superzooms Still Win wrote:
While out feeding some of my wild critters tonight at sunset, in the
rain,
I spotted this fellah (gal?) watching the feeding-frenzy show.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4107/4953000506_10a5a63edf.jpg

(jpg degradation intentional, maybe it should have been even more, minor
crop just for composition improvement)

It looks like my restore-the-natural-food-chain balance by destroying
all
cats (shoot first, don't bother asking any useless questions) is finally
working. Got seventeen of the lousy vermin this summer that were
destroying
this guy's (gal's) food sources. That new illuminated-reticle scope sure
came in handy. Four of these owls were happily marauding my yard the
other
night. They got a nice plump rabbit (though I don't care much for rabbit
screams). It was fun standing out in the yard right in the middle of
their
hunting exercises, watching them by the light of the dark-red floods I
use
to watch and photograph all the nocturnal animals here. Their totally
silent flight in the still of the night is amazing.

Heh, three of them are hooting outside my window as I type this.
SUCCESS! I
so miss them all these years. Like having an old friend come back to
watch
over the yard each night. Their hoots are a nice "All's Well!" And all
it
took is a few inexpensive .22's aimed at the correct useless
invasive-species animals to delete from the native food-chain. If lucky
the
returning newcomers will put kittens on their diet so I don't have to do
it
for them anymore.

This must be a joke post because the picture is pure s---.

I love how intentionally jpg-degrading images will so easily **** with you
useless pretend-photographer basement-living trolls so much. Depriving you
of your rare glimpses of the real world beyond your basement walls in a
resolution and quality that you so desperately crave.

LOL!

Want me to post one of the images of some artistically arranged shot-dead
cats for your entertainment? I had posted one in the past as proof of what
I type (well, it was more just to shove dead-cats in
animal-lover-hypocrite
Bill Graham's useless cat-****ing-face) but you must have missed it.
Probably too busy crying for your mommy to bring you another twinkie.

LOL!

aside what a jerk!

No, a "jerk" only has useless invasive-species cats in their yard.

Mine (now) is full of raccoons, gray and red foxes, opossums, skunks,
rabbits, chipmunks, three kinds of squirrels (red, gray, fox),
wild-turkeys, flocks of pheasant and grouse, deer (so large that I thought
some that were visiting one night were young moose), five kinds of
woodpeckers, an occasional bald-eagle, red-tailed hawks, black-bears,
dozens and dozens of other species of birds, and ... well, the list is
long. And NOW includes owls again. After they had disappeared for fifteen
years due to lousy cats destroying (not eating) their food sources. I've
taken a lengthy sabbatical from my photo-treks and have had the time to
finally do something about the lousy cat infestation the last few years. I
started to increase the raccoon, opossum, skunk, and fox populations in the
hopes that they would displace (or eat) all the lousy cats. It sort of
helped but the only real solution I found is to permanently destroy any
cats roaming outdoors. TNR (trap, neuter, release) programs are a dismal
tax-payer's failure. You can research all about it on the net. Not only are
those TNR cats still destroying wildlife during their lengthy lifetime, but
a well-fed cat (those strays that others feed) will kill more wildlife than
a starving cat. They have more energy to do what they do, kill anything
that moves, whether they are hungry or not.

I have photos (and videos) of all those species in my woods and yard listed
above. Surprisingly too, even predator and prey feeding in the yard at the
same time on the food I put out for them, not going after each other.
Raccoons feeding alongside wild-turkey chicks and pheasants, a fox eating
out of the same dish as a rabbit is feeding from, etc. They'd much rather
go after an easy freebie than expending energy chasing something. The added
plus is that the raccoon mothers become so trusting that they even let me
play with their cubs. Trusting of me only. Any visitors that have come to
watch the wild-animal-show each night will instantly scare them all off if
they let their presence be known, or if I don't take the time to slowly and
cautiously introduce them to the wild animals. After the visitors have left
it takes a few hours of each of them coming up to sniff my hand before they
feel safe in the yard again. I've counted (and IR video-recorded) as many
as 39 raccoons in my yard at the same time this summer while I'm walking
through them filling their dishes. The most respectful and well-behaved
wild animals I have ever met in my life. They have never tried to destroy
anything here. (Well, except each other at times. Then I usually get
between them to break up the fight if it doesn't end soon on its own.) I
even hung up a leather-strap of jingle-bells by the door, at
critter-height. Some of them have learned to ring it to get my attention if
they are still hungry.

Though total raccoon count is probably closer to about 5-6 dozen this year.
The raccoons don't all show up at the same time of the night. I've learned
to recognize clans and individuals by coloring, physique, behavior,
cub-count, and sounds. Some having various injuries. Like Bobbie and her
cubs, she has no tail. Siegfried & Roy, two large older males that are
never apart and always eat out of the same dish. Shorty (has a tiny tail)
and her six extremely well-behaved cubs (some always wanting me to pick
them up). Minnie and her seven Moochettes, will set up camp 24 hours a day
for a few days at a time just waiting for food to arrive. Laying on my
door-mat during the day like a guard-raccoon, I have to be careful to
step-over her when opening the door. Nana-nook, large older female with an
Eskimo-like ruff. She's almost completely blind from cataracts and deaf.
How she has managed to survive all these years in the woods here is
amazing. Mr. Bonkers, a young adult male that always runs around like a
nut, just having fun. Evander and her cubs, missing part of an ear from a
fight. Gimpy, missing a hind-leg.

An amazing sight one night: An older opossum stood about 2 feet away from
Gimpy (a raccoon), waiting for him to finish eating. I thought the opossum
was waiting for a chance to get to the plate. When Gimpy was done then the
opossum sidled-up to Gimpy on his side missing the leg, supporting him,
side pressed to side, as they both walked off into the woods
pressed-together that night. The opossum keeping at whatever pace that
Gimpy could muster. Even I couldn't believe watching that. Two different
species behaving that way. Like some bizarre disney-characters becoming
reality. I so wish I was near my IR video camera at that moment, but I was
so awestruck by watching that amazing display of animal behavior that I
didn't even think to run inside and grab the camera.

I've probably named about half of the 5-6 dozen or so. Their cubs follow me
around like puppies. Sometimes I'll tug on their tails to pull them away
from a plate so a less-demanding sibling can get some grub. Petting them
when they behave or just for the hell of it. They never seen to mind. When
hand-feeding some they don't just reach for the food in my hand. They grab
my hand and pull it closer to their face. Then while still holding onto my
hand they eat out of it.

People who support having useless pestilent cats are missing out on so much
in life.

Hey Tonto, I got some Strychnine that you can swallow to help your carbon
footprint on the planet.

Old September 4th 10, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Superzooms Still Win

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 19:33:59 -0400, "Peter"
wrote:

"Superzooms Still Win" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

aside what a jerk!

No, a "jerk" only has useless invasive-species cats in their yard.

Mine (now) is full of raccoons, gray and red foxes, opossums, skunks,
rabbits, chipmunks, three kinds of squirrels (red, gray, fox),
wild-turkeys, flocks of pheasant and grouse, deer (so large that I
thought
some that were visiting one night were young moose), five kinds of
woodpeckers, an occasional bald-eagle, red-tailed hawks, black-bears,
dozens and dozens of other species of birds, and ... well, the list is

BS snip

It left off what it most full of. ..........

I'd take the time to post an image taken from the same yard of every
species listed, including those photos where different predator/prey
species are eating out of the same plates, but ... you're so not worth my
time in proving you to be an idiot. You do that so well and often all on
your own.

I once thought of sending in the video I have to one of those
"funniest-video" places for a $100,000 cash prize, of two raccoon cubs
play-fighting by their water trays. One gets so fed-up that it finally
flips over backward (the attacker on its back) and dunks the other
completely in the water, landing on top of the attacker (I still laugh
out-loud every time I watch that clip), but see ... knowing that people
like you exist on the planet keeps me from wanting to make any of you
enjoy
a good laugh in life. You're just SO not worth it.

The better reason is that it exists only in it's sick mind.

This intentionally degraded and greatly downsized frame-grab from that IR
video, a few moments before the hilarious dunking-event, loudly proves that
your slanderous TROLL's lies are only in your psychotic mind.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4125/4955289245_43abf6faa7_m.jpg

FYI, the tree to the left of them is where the owl was sitting atop in that
other photo I recently posted.

If by any
remote chance the video was accepted and you did get paid, tell us where,
when and by whom.

You don't read very well, do you. It will NEVER be seen by the general
public BECAUSE OF USELESS TROLL ****S LIKE YOU. YOU DON'T *DESERVE* TOO SEE
ANYTHING ENJOYABLE IN LIFE.

Did you catch that this time around?

Old September 4th 10, 04:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Superzooms Still Win

On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 02:42:15 +0200, Ofnuts
wrote:

On 04/09/2010 01:31, Superzooms Still Win wrote:
On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 01:24:15 +0200,
wrote:

Add a couple of shooting stars in the sky and sell the story to Disney...

Why? So then basement living trolls like you could get to enjoy seeing what
I do every day? There's not enough money in the world to get me to want to
do that.

No me... kindergarten kids. One shot of Cinderella, one shot of Snow
White, and one shot of Uncle Superzoom and his Magical Garden.

Magical Garden? Oh, you mean like this little sampler of yard photos I just
pulled from my cataloging software? Because I thought it would be a hoot
and a half making all you lying slanderous trolls look like the sorry
pathetic psychotics that you truly a

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4124/4955444629_e95367e9f4_b.jpg

Top row has: raccoons and opossums feeding together, raccoons and skunks
feeding together, daytime fox, red-belied woodpecker, and fox-squirrel. 2nd
row: pheasants, pheasants with squirrels, deer, deer feeding with
squirrels, groundhog. 3rd row: raccoons feeding with turkeys, turkeys &
chicks, fox, luna moth, daytime raccoons, pileated woodpecker. 4th row:
Turkeys & chicks flock, 350 lb. bear, 250 lb. bear that I accidentally hit
in the nose with my door (had 3 bear this summer), fox and raccoons feeding
together, oops duplicate of raccoons and turkeys together. (I left out any
thumbs of all the more common birds and mammals.)

You mean like that "magic garden"? And that's only about 1/5,000th of the
species of animals I've photographed just in my yard alone if you include
all the insects, reptiles, amphibians, etc. too.

Damn, I forgot to include the owl photo (starting this thread) taken with
it sitting on that truncated tree in the yard. That dead tree makes a nice
roosting spot for all sorts of wildlife so I leave it there, plus the
fallen trunk behind it makes a nice fight-interrupt for the hoards of
raccoons that sometimes have personality conflicts.

AW crap, I forgot to include a thumb of a skunk and a raccoon sniffing a
dead freshly-shot cat. I thought I added that one. Damn. That one is
priceless. Ah well.

What a sorry sorry shame, that you must have lived in a place all your life
with so little access to the real world and without such a wide variety of
wildlife right outside your door. Either that, or all wild animals can
smell you coming from 5 miles away and flee as fast as they can.

Enjoying your city-boy's mommy's basement with nothing to do but troll for
attention on the internet, are you?

Damn, wasting my time on this and the critters' plates have emptied, some
of them just rang the dinner-bell outside the door. That's a much more fun
way to pass my time....

Old September 4th 10, 12:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter[_7_]

wrote:

[...]

That's exactly the answer we expected.
Everybody in this group is a troll except you and you sock puppets.
We understand completely.

--
Peter

Old September 4th 10, 04:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Doug McDonald[_6_]

On 9/3/2010 10:29 PM, Superzooms Still Win wrote:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4124/4955444629_e95367e9f4_b.jpg

Top row has: raccoons and opossums feeding together, raccoons and skunks
feeding together, daytime fox, red-belied woodpecker, and fox-squirrel. 2nd
row: pheasants, pheasants with squirrels, deer, deer feeding with
squirrels, groundhog. 3rd row: raccoons feeding with turkeys, turkeys&
chicks, fox, luna moth, daytime raccoons, pileated woodpecker. 4th row:
Turkeys& chicks flock, 350 lb. bear, 250 lb. bear that I accidentally hit
in the nose with my door (had 3 bear this summer), fox and raccoons feeding
together, oops duplicate of raccoons and turkeys together. (I left out any
thumbs of all the more common birds and mammals.)

Nice snapshots.

Got any pro-quality photos?

Old September 4th 10, 08:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Superzooms Still Win

On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 10:50:31 -0500, Doug McDonald
wrote:

On 9/3/2010 10:29 PM, Superzooms Still Win wrote:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4124/4955444629_e95367e9f4_b.jpg

Top row has: raccoons and opossums feeding together, raccoons and skunks
feeding together, daytime fox, red-belied woodpecker, and fox-squirrel. 2nd
row: pheasants, pheasants with squirrels, deer, deer feeding with
squirrels, groundhog. 3rd row: raccoons feeding with turkeys, turkeys&
chicks, fox, luna moth, daytime raccoons, pileated woodpecker. 4th row:
Turkeys& chicks flock, 350 lb. bear, 250 lb. bear that I accidentally hit
in the nose with my door (had 3 bear this summer), fox and raccoons feeding
together, oops duplicate of raccoons and turkeys together. (I left out any
thumbs of all the more common birds and mammals.)

Nice snapshots.

Got any pro-quality photos?

Many many many thousands of them.
Old September 4th 10, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ofnuts

wrote:

On 9/3/2010 10:29 PM, Superzooms Still Win wrote:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4124/4955444629_e95367e9f4_b.jpg

Top row has: raccoons and opossums feeding together, raccoons and skunks
feeding together, daytime fox, red-belied woodpecker, and fox-squirrel. 2nd
row: pheasants, pheasants with squirrels, deer, deer feeding with
squirrels, groundhog. 3rd row: raccoons feeding with turkeys, turkeys&
chicks, fox, luna moth, daytime raccoons, pileated woodpecker. 4th row:
Turkeys& chicks flock, 350 lb. bear, 250 lb. bear that I accidentally hit
in the nose with my door (had 3 bear this summer), fox and raccoons feeding
together, oops duplicate of raccoons and turkeys together. (I left out any
thumbs of all the more common birds and mammals.)

Nice snapshots.

Got any pro-quality photos?

Many many many thousands of them.

So, you have a DSLR?

--
Bertrand
Old September 4th 10, 10:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Superzooms Still Win

wrote:

[...]

I've also shot award winning pro-quality photos with a Brownie Box camera
long ago. Someone claiming to need a DSLR for professional photography is
an insecure mindless-herd-following fool, or just another useless online
pretend-photographer troll. Usually they're both.

When I land a 17 lb. bass on a 2 lb. test line (and have), it's never about
the fishing gear. When I cook an unforgettable meal of venison and pheasant
in the coals of a campfire that could be sold for $125 per plate in a fine
restaurant (and have), it's never about the cooking gear. When I draw a
rustic scene using a #2 pencil and sell it for $18,000 (and have), it's
never about the pencil. ¿Comprende mine idiot?

No, of course not. That's what makes you an idiot!

Old September 4th 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ofnuts

wrote:

[...]

Which award? When?

Someone claiming to need a DSLR for professional photography is
an insecure mindless-herd-following fool, or just another useless online
pretend-photographer troll. Usually they're both.
When I land a 17 lb. bass on a 2 lb. test line (and have), it's never about
the fishing gear. When I cook an unforgettable meal of venison and pheasant
in the coals of a campfire that could be sold for $125 per plate in a fine
restaurant (and have), it's never about the cooking gear. When I draw a
rustic scene using a #2 pencil and sell it for $18,000 (and have), it's
never about the pencil. ¿Comprende mine idiot?

So you are a person of very many talents, or a mythomaniac. Now where
did I put that Occam's razor?

Old September 4th 10, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

This has moved beyond him being the poster boy for delusional disorder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_disorder
This seems to describe the subtype which most fits;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_Delusion

With so many subtypes of delusion demonstrated, while he is off his
meds, he should be the considered as the subject for a case study.
True to his expectations he would be the very best delusional
disordered individual known to man.

Walter Mitty, eat your heart out.

Savageduck