Sick of cyan-blue skies

Old November 21st 09, 07:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Default Sick of cyan-blue skies

RichA wrote:
I don't know what planet some people think we live on, or maybe it's
that some people have a restricted range of colour vision, but Earth
skies are NOT cyan, they are blue and should look blue in pictures.
As far as I know, there is no green component in the oxygen-scattering
of blue light in the atmosphere.

Cyan skies means you blew the blues ;-)
Try a darker exposure or a camera with more dynamic range so it doesn't
blow out.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old November 21st 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Paul Furman wrote:
RichA wrote:
I don't know what planet some people think we live on, or maybe it's
that some people have a restricted range of colour vision, but Earth
skies are NOT cyan, they are blue and should look blue in pictures.
As far as I know, there is no green component in the oxygen-scattering
of blue light in the atmosphere.

Cyan skies means you blew the blues ;-)
Try a darker exposure or a camera with more dynamic range so it doesn't
blow out.

It is an exposure challenge - if your principle subject has shadow
detail that you want to capture, then skies invariably go to cyan or
even close to white. Fill flash helps as long as the subject is close
enough, but not always the case with outdoor photos.