Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM

Old September 5th 10, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

Default Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM

On 9/4/10 7:47 PM, in article ,
"LOL!" wrote:

On Sat, 4 Sep 2010 17:26:14 -0700, Savageduck

On 2010-09-04 16:42:41 -0700, Bowser said:

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:30:54 -0700, Savageduck

On 2010-09-03 16:17:03 -0700, "Peter" said:

"Superzooms Still Win" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 18:20:29 -0400, Bowser wrote:

I'm not. Just calling out an imbeclie to embarass themselves further
by offering silly excuses as to why it won't post samples. It's
claimed that it's done it already, so I've asked it for a link.

Still not holding my breath.

Still not reading all the posts either, I see. Let me know when you spot
that omelet covering your face.

I.e. "an imbeclie to embarass themselves further".

Bowser used the expression as it should be used where, as here the
object suffers from multiple personality disorder.

I believe he ( Der Troll) is referring to the two spelling errors, the
transposed "i & l" in "imbecile" and the single "r" in "embarrassed."
Just his version of net-coppery.

Typos and spelling errors. Shocking.

I've never seen any fisheye images from it. Have you?

Not one.

Really? You've never seen these two image taken with a superzoom and
fish-eye adapter before?

9mm EFL
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4080/4958733232_ab5e5a8663_b.jpg

Oh, LOOK! A Jimi Hendrix album cover! COOL!!!

Old September 6th 10, 04:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
SMS

On 9/3/2010 9:57 AM, Bowser wrote:

Sounds interesting. Please post some samples.

LOL. You'll be dead before that happens.
Old September 6th 10, 04:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 18:20:29 -0400, Bowser wrote:
: On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:26:00 -0400, "Peter"
: wrote:
:
: "Bowser" wrote in message
: .. .
: On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 17:13:06 -0500, Superzooms Still Win
: wrote:
:
: On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 18:54:29 +0100, Bruce wrote:
:
: I saw the announcement for this lens about a week ago but don't recall
: it being discussed in the rec.photo.* newsgroups. As the header says,
: it is a zoom fisheye lens. It has full frame (24x36) coverage at 15mm
: and the usual circular fisheye image within the full frame at 8mm.
:
: I'm not a fisheye fan, so would be unlikely to buy one. But it must
: appeal to some, otherwise why design, develop and manufacture it?
:
: For the same reason that I use an excellent (zero CA) fish-eye adapter on
: my superzoom cameras to seamlessly zoom from 9mm-36mm. For one simple
: example, when shooting aurora. I can instantly go from a horizon to
: horizon
: 9mm full-sky inventory to a more moderate 16mm wide-angle, to more closely
: frame some of the important or interesting and colorful areas of the
: auroral activity. Or documenting meteors during strong storms. It's also
: great for capturing, and properly framing, sunset/rise and mountain
: vistas,
: or wide sweeps of colors in fall-foliage. Some sunrise/sets can easily
: take
: 2-3 frames done at 16mm and then pano-stitched. Macro photography where
: you
: wish to frame a deep subject (now all in focus) with wide washes of
: background colors and hues.There are many uses, once you use one. This is
: generally not something the typical pretend-photographer troll can imagine
: in their mind unless they've actually put one to use. The other added
: advantage is that this is all available for under $100 at f/2.0 or f/2.4.
: (Depending on which superzoom camera the fish-eye adapter is used on. It
: does not detract from the camera's own original widest aperture.) That's a
: $1,300 savings with a 2-stop advantage. Not to mention the extra seamless
: non-vignetted zoom range of 16mm-36mm that's not covered by this $1,400
: 8-15mm lens. Oh, one other thing. I won't be getting my cameras' sensors
: dirty nor any condensation on the mirror and focusing-screen by changing
: my fish-eye and super-wide-angle range. Nor will my camera have to make
: special auto-focusing allowances to prevent front/back focusing problems
: inherent in all phase-focusing cameras.
:
: I suspect that DSLR owners will finally learn how a lens of this range can
: be put to good use. Like I've been using regularly for all manner of
: subjects for the last 9 years. Better late than never, I guess. They're
: always so far behind though.
:
: Sounds interesting. Please post some samples.
:
:
: Don't hold your breath.
:
: I'm not. Just calling out an imbeclie to embarass themselves further
: by offering silly excuses as to why it won't post samples. It's
: claimed that it's done it already, so I've asked it for a link.

You might as well ask the Washington Monument to point out the pole star for
you.

Bob
Old September 10th 10, 12:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

: wrote:
:
: Sounds interesting. Please post some samples.
:
:
: Don't hold your breath.
:
: I'm not. Just calling out an imbeclie to embarass themselves further
: by offering silly excuses as to why it won't post samples. It's
: claimed that it's done it already, so I've asked it for a link.

You might as well ask the Washington Monument to point out the pole star
for
you.

I know, but sometimes I have a little fun jerking these morons around a
little. One thing they'll never provide is proof of anything they say, and I
like seeing what sort of lame excuses they concoct. Pretty embarassing
stuff, really.

You never know. Someday one of the morons will actually leave their parent's
basement and see what life is like in the real world. But I doubt it.

Old September 10th 10, 01:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Superzooms Still Win

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:50:42 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

.. .
: wrote:
:
: Sounds interesting. Please post some samples.
:
:
: Don't hold your breath.
:
: I'm not. Just calling out an imbeclie to embarass themselves further
: by offering silly excuses as to why it won't post samples. It's
: claimed that it's done it already, so I've asked it for a link.

You might as well ask the Washington Monument to point out the pole star
for
you.

I know, but sometimes I have a little fun jerking these morons around a
little. One thing they'll never provide is proof of anything they say, and I
like seeing what sort of lame excuses they concoct. Pretty embarassing
stuff, really.

What excuses? I posted them again. Did you miss them? Other's already
posted that they saw them. Are you so ****INGLY lame of a troll that you
didn't even read the thread to know this?

You never know. Someday one of the morons will actually leave their parent's
basement and see what life is like in the real world. But I doubt it.

If only you would someday.

Holy **** are you asswipes ever lame.

By the way. I'm STILL waiting for one of you ****ed-up trolls to describe
ANY of the photos that I've posted which you claimed I stole and/or were
shot with a DSLR. You know, you're most common bull**** libel and slander
that every last one of you useless piece of ****s claim.

Go ahead ****head Bowser. Describe just ONE photo that you claim I posted
but you said was stolen. Then I get to PROVE, 100%, what a ****ing liar and
a troll you are.

C'mon, do it! And if not, then you're still now revealed as a lousy liar,
for not taking on this extremely simple challenge.

Summed up in a previous post:

I'm still waiting for all you ****ingly pathetic lying slanderous trolls to
request a 100% crop from any of those that I posted which you claimed were
taken with DSLRs and that I stole. Not one of you useless ****s will take
on that challenge, because you know you will lose, just the same way you
lousy ****s always lose in real life too. Doing so will instantly reveal
any one of you to be the ****ingly useless lying slanderous trolls that you
are. Which I already know you to be, you just don't want me to prove it to
the rest of the world so easily. Because you know it's true too.

And so we await for one of you slanderous lying trolls to request a 100%
crop from ANY of the images I've posted and I said were mine that ANY of
you pathetically useless trolls claimed was stolen and taken with a
DSLR.....

But you go ahead, let your blatantly insecure and nervous
displacement-activity run its course. You'll still be faced with being
proved to be 100% lying slanderous trolls. It's now at the point of damned
if you do and damned if you don't.

Isn't this fun?

LOL!!!!!!!!!

The longer that you useless trolls take to request a 100% crop of ANY image
that I claimed was mine when posted, the MORE you PROVE that you are all
nothing but lying slanderous and libelous asswipe ****head TROLLS.

I'd post one at any time on my own, but that wouldn't be fair. Then you
useless asswipe ****heads would claim that is the ONLY one I own. No good.
You have to request one of ANY of them that I have posted. The random
chance of me having access to the full original image is far too great for
it to be coincidence that way.

Now.... what were you saying about YOU being a ****ing MORON, TROLL, and
LIAR?

What's YOUR EXCUSE for not requesting a 100% pixel crop? Oh? Because it
will PROVE that you are a ****ing asswipe of a slanderous and libelous
TROLL?

EXACTLY.

Old September 10th 10, 01:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Superzooms Still Win

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:50:42 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

.. .
:

shot with a DSLR. You know, your most common bull**** libel and slander

Old September 11th 10, 01:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:04:35 -0500, Superzooms Still Win
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:50:42 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

Made you look!