Give me a plastic camera any day

Old September 3rd 10, 07:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wilba[_3_]

Default Give me a plastic camera any day

http://www.digitalhomethoughts.com/n...lity-test.html

"The Canon... it's like the cockroach of cameras."

Old September 3rd 10, 03:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
JimG

This is a scary video especially when he goes at the lens and rear LCD with
a knife!

Old September 3rd 10, 05:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2010-09-02 23:00:52 -0700, "Wilba" said:

http://www.digitalhomethoughts.com/n...lity-test.html

"The

Canon... it's like the cockroach of cameras."

....and then there is the follow-up. It seems Canon charges to evaluate damage.

http://thurly.net/zda

Savageduck

Old September 8th 10, 04:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

On 2010-09-02 23:00:52 -0700, "Wilba" said:

http://www.digitalhomethoughts.com/n...lity-test.html

"The

Canon... it's like the cockroach of cameras."

...and then there is the follow-up. It seems Canon charges to evaluate
damage.

http://thurly.net/zda

Ha! I smashed my D70 in a long tumble into a rock cracking the corner
open and the shutter still worked but it didn't take pictures... I sent
it in for repair and they first said it could be fixed, but were
unable... sent it back no charge... I sold the LCD to someone who had
cracked theirs... I've since worn out a D200 & D700 and the D200 a
second time... partly works...
Old September 8th 10, 01:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter[_7_]

"Paul Furman" wrote in message

Ha! I smashed my D70 in a long tumble into a rock cracking the corner open
and the shutter still worked but it didn't take pictures... I sent it in
for repair and they first said it could be fixed, but were unable... sent
it back no charge... I sold the LCD to someone who had cracked theirs...
I've since worn out a D200 & D700 and the D200 a second time... partly
works...

You're one of the few who are about as rough on equipment as I. If one
actually uses the camera, these things will happen. I tend to concentrate on
the shot and sometimes forget that equipment is fragile. I failed to mention
that in a jetty climbing incident I put a few dents in my D200. Fortunately
that can be fixed. Part of my reason for choosing Nikon is that I live a
short distance from their repair facility. They know me well there.

--
Peter