When Highlanders get Bored with their Sheep

Old June 1st 09, 02:55 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Default When Highlanders get Bored with their Sheep

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Which is why I sent the tiny url. Less likely to break a
URL.

Could you train yourself to put the reply following a trimmed post??

Many folks don't like tiny URLs and won't click on them unless they are
quite sure what the poster is up to.

--
john mcwilliams
Old June 1st 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

[alt.home.repair] out

Bob Larter wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Which is why I sent the tiny url. Less likely to break a URL.

Could you train yourself to put the reply following a trimmed post??

Many folks don't like tiny URLs and won't click on them unless they
are quite sure what the poster is up to.

Fair enough, but did you know that you can switch on an option at
tinyurl to always show you the final URL & wait for your okay before
proceeding?

Yes, and one can also formulate a wee preview when arranging a t.u.

However, I don't click on any link in usenet unless I 'know' the poster.
"Rita" posted a pile of dog**** with an innocuous name in the link, so
there's one poster whose URLs I avoid.

-0-
--