What NPR considers important

Old September 5th 08, 04:29 AM posted to alt.politics.republican,alt.politics.republicans,alt.politics.usa.republican,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

Default What NPR considers important

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 21:28:46 -0500, Frank Pittel
wrote:

In alt.politics.usa.republican Annika1980 wrote:
: On Sep 4, 8:50??am, Frank Pittel wrote:
: In alt.politics.usa.republican Annika1980 wrote:
: : I watched the convention tonight. ??I've seen more black faces at a
: : NASCAR race. Or a dogsled race in Alaska.
:
: Something only a racist like you would notice.

: Or something only a racist like yourself would not.
: A bunch of smiling rich white folks with no brains.... that's America
: to you.

I was listening to the speech while you were scanning the audience to see
how many black people were there. Fact is you're a racist.

I did both. I didn't intentionally scan for black faces, but it was
very noticeable. It doesn't require any great mental feat to notice
the glaringly obvious. Noting the disparity is hardly racist.

I also noticed - at both conventions - how many people who were
supposed to be there on a serious mission to support their candidate
for the highest elected office in this country found it appropriate to
wear silly hats. Am I a hatist?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old September 5th 08, 04:57 AM posted to alt.politics.republican,alt.politics.republicans,alt.politics.usa.republican,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
mj[_2_]

"Frank Pittel" wrote in message
In alt.politics.usa.republican Annika1980 wrote:
: On Sep 4, 8:50??am, Frank Pittel wrote:
: In alt.politics.usa.republican Annika1980 wrote:
: : I watched the convention tonight. ??I've seen more black faces at a
: : NASCAR race. Or a dogsled race in Alaska.
:
: Something only a racist like you would notice.

: Or something only a racist like yourself would not.
: A bunch of smiling rich white folks with no brains.... that's America
: to you.

I was listening to the speech while you were scanning the audience to see
how many black people were there. Fact is you're a racist.
--

So Frank, IF you are black and voting for Obama or IF you are white and not
voting for Obama are you a racist? Ask the tough questions of a black

Old September 5th 08, 05:27 AM posted to alt.politics.republican,alt.politics.republicans,alt.politics.usa.republican,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 20:48:54 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
wrote:

On Sep 4, 11:29*pm, tony cooper wrote:
*I didn't intentionally scan for black faces, but it was
very noticeable. It doesn't require any great mental feat to notice
the glaringly obvious. *Noting the disparity is hardly racist. *

The case could be made that not noticing is.

Not using any definition of "racist" that I know of. There is no
intolerance or hatred associated with what we see and notice. It is
how we react to what we see that determines if we are, or are not,
racist.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida