What's all this digital crap doing here?

Old August 12th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-Mac[_6_]

Default What's all this digital crap doing here?

Alan Browne wrote:
Bob wrote:
I really think the group should be handed back to the 35mm film people
rather than basterdasised for years by the DSLR bunch

The slr-systems group was created for the "DSLR bunch" and it has been
pretty successful.

OTOH as most DSLR's are 35mm system cameras that replace the film with a
sensor, it's not as if it is really off topic. The shutter, viewfinder,
metering, lenses, flashes, etc. are all still pretty much the same. In
fact with more and more full frame cameras out there, the difference is
negligible. (Certainly, nobody in the medium and large format groups
ever objected to discussions about digital backs).

As to "handing back" there is no one controlling it. If 35mm film is so
popular, where are 35mm film the posters? Not many of them. I still
shoot film (35mm and MF) but I also shoot digital quite a lot. And when
I get my FF camera (hopefully this year) I'll be posting as much in
rpe35mm as in slr-systems.

Please don't top post and please snip for brevity.

Yeah... Snip Anal's prohibited Signature too.
Old August 12th 08, 08:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
^Tems^[_2_]

D-Mac wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Bob wrote:
[...]

Didn't realise you still used a sig. Oh that's right you are what comes
out of the anal passage.