what you guys think of this.............Rangefinder

Old August 10th 04, 02:26 PM
Alan Browne

Default what you guys think of this.............Rangefinder

William Graham wrote:

That's true. If you have only one item to sell, you pretty well just have
to, "go for it".....List it, and see what happens. The only other
alternative is for you to find someone else to list it for you....Someone
who does have a good track record.......

While some buyers will not buy from somebody without a record,
plenty of folks will. So put up some low value/low risk items
and sell them at less than potential top dollar, ship the stuff
well and fast, and soon you have a bunch of "He's the God of
e-bay sellers" in the comments. After that put up the higher
value items.

There will always be someone who says "Never buy from an unrated
seller." ... but every seller needs to start somewhere...

Old August 10th 04, 02:50 PM
Nick Zentena

Alan Browne wrote:

There will always be someone who says "Never buy from an unrated
seller." ... but every seller needs to start somewhere...

The low rated sellers are usually the best IMHO. It's somebody selling
thier own item. They aren't interested in scamming. Partly because they're
honest partly because even if they weren't they haven't learned all the tricks.
They also are more likely to mislabel stuff. The flip side is they often
have unreal ideas of what stuff is worth. And yes some are scammers posing
as small time private sellers. But the best deals usually come from newbie
sellers.

Nick

Old August 10th 04, 09:37 PM
William Graham

"Bandicoot" wrote in message
"William Graham" wrote in message

"Mark M" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Mark M" wrote in message

"Ken Rosenbaum" wrote

in
message

"Tonka" wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

scam or what...............

me thinks Yeeesssssss.

I've got nearly 1200 positive feedback on eBay in over 1400
transactions
(not everyone leaves feedback) and would deserve to be committed

an
asylum if I ever went for such an offer. Sending any more than a
couple
bucks to a seller with 0 feedback is tantamount to flushing your

cash
down
toilet. There are otherl red flags in this case, besides the

lack
of
seller
history, especially the unprotected method he wants to be paid.

If
would
take a certified fool to go for this.
Ken (rosey on eBay)

How would you suggest a person sell on e-bay who has simply never

done
it
before then?
Everyone has to start somewhere.
So seriously...how would one start, given that this has to mean a

zero
feedback history?

Start small, with cheaper items, then, as your reputation builds,

go
for
the more expensive stuff.......I know that I will trust almost

anyone
for
stuff that sells for less than $50 or so. I only worry about good

feedback
when I am laying out some real money.......

That doesn't help me if I want to sell my Canon 100-400 IS L.

I don't want to fiddle around selling garage-sale crap for a few

months
just
so I can sell a lens.

That's true. If you have only one item to sell, you pretty well just

have
to, "go for it".....List it, and see what happens. The only other
alternative is for you to find someone else to list it for

you....Someone
who does have a good track record.......

A lot of people do this, and there are a few that will do it as a

commercial
transcation, just like a shop doing a commission sale for you.

Peter

Yes, and I see nothing wrong with it. If you are careful to protect your own
reputation by inspecting whatever you sell, even if it belongs to someone
else, then it's perfectly valid. However, if you sell your reputation,
"blind", then it is misleading, and wrong.......

Old August 10th 04, 09:41 PM
William Graham

"Nick Zentena" wrote in message
Alan Browne wrote:

There will always be someone who says "Never buy from an unrated
seller." ... but every seller needs to start somewhere...

The low rated sellers are usually the best IMHO. It's somebody selling
thier own item. They aren't interested in scamming. Partly because they're
honest partly because even if they weren't they haven't learned all the

tricks.
They also are more likely to mislabel stuff. The flip side is they often
have unreal ideas of what stuff is worth. And yes some are scammers posing
as small time private sellers. But the best deals usually come from

newbie
sellers.

Nick

This reminds me of ads I see selling vehicles in the newspaper....You think
they are placed there by individuals who are selling their private car, but
when you call them up, you get a secretary who says, "Good
morning.....Johnson Motors."

Old August 11th 04, 12:06 PM
Bob Hickey

Yea; buy or sell, big or small. A trans is a trans, Bob Hickey

"Tonka" wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

scam or what...............

me thinks Yeeesssssss.

I've got nearly 1200 positive feedback on eBay in over 1400

transactions
(not everyone leaves feedback) and would deserve to be committed to

[...]

Perhaps you know the answer to this:
Does your rating as a buyer cary over to become your rating as a seller?

Old August 11th 04, 12:14 PM
Bob Hickey

"Tonka" wrote in message

[...]

I don't think it really matters all that much. I would just
take some impressive shots for display and get it ti end Sunday evening,
Pacific time. Bob Hickey