Where are the D200's?

Old January 29th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Where are the D200's?

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote

but my lenses will be around long after my 10D retires.

And us film dinosaurs keep the camera bodies around and
retire the lenses.

I hope your 10D's retirement will be voluntary.

It will be. More likely, it will become a backup body next to a +/-12mp
update at some point. I still shoot with my EOS 3 and Elan IIe, though with
diminishing frequency. I've "retired", sold, or given away my non-L lenses,
save for two that I think are in the same league of quality: 50 1.4 and 100
2.8 macro.

Old January 30th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Martin Francis wrote:
"no_name" wrote in message
news
Actually, what I want to know is when am I going to be able to get my
hands on a new 10.2MP Pentax *ist-D2?

Put money on it being branded Samsung...

Martin

I dunno. I think the Pentax DSLR line will stay branded Pentax. The
digital P&S may become double branded; sold under both labels.

And the announcement of the joint venture or whatever seemed to indicate
Samsung would provide the sensor for a generation AFTER the *ist-D2
(actually the next generation of AF-645D).

Pentax hasn't actually said anything about a *ist-D2 AFAIK. I'm just
hoping based on the Nikon D100 & *ist-D used the same sensor chip &
Nikon's got a new 10.2MP camera using the same vendor's chip.

So hopefully Pentax ...