F/1 Noctilux vs the C/ V 35/1.2 Nokton ?

Old January 21st 05, 04:49 PM
Patrick

Default F/1 Noctilux vs the C/ V 35/1.2 Nokton ?

Sample images?

Patrick

Old January 21st 05, 08:52 PM
me

"Patrick" wrote in message
news
Sample images?

Patrick

Would you like fries and a beverage with that order sir?
Signed,
me

Old January 22nd 05, 08:17 AM
Mxsmanic

cameron writes:

Those are lovely nightshots. What were the settings?

I believe the artist shot was around 1/30 of a second nearly wide open
(f/1.4 or f/1). The Moulin Rouge shot was on faster film and it was
more brightly lit, so it was more like f/2 at 1/30.

How do you like Portra 800 vs. NPZ? (My NPZ scans have
much more grain than your color shot.)

NPZ is harder to find and I haven't really tried it. Portra 800 is
pretty good, and it scans very well, like all the Portra films.

Portra 400BW has extraordinarily fine grain, which is nice, and although
it lacks contrast in most shots, this is an advantage for night shots,
which are often stunning. It's like a poor man's Technical Pan, only
much faster (ISO 400 vs. ISO 25 for most pictorial uses of Tech Pan).

Portra 400UC is a great color negative film, with almost the image
quality of slides in many cases--good contrast and saturation, good
response to artificial light, and it scans very well.