Olympus C-8080 Thoughts?

Old August 3rd 04, 01:06 AM
Tim S.

Default Olympus C-8080 Thoughts?

Any one here using this camera? What are your thoughts on it, and best
settings you have found for nice pictures?

I would also like to ask what Mode would give the best results, RAW, TIFF,
JPG.

Yours thoughts.

Tim

Old August 3rd 04, 02:26 AM
Alfred Molon

Tim S. wrote:
Any one here using this camera? What are your thoughts on it, and best
settings you have found for nice pictures?

I would also like to ask what Mode would give the best results, RAW, TIFF,
JPG.

I have it since Friday and shoot almost exclusively RAW, mostly at ISO
50. Haven't tried yet to find out what the best WB setting for JPEG
images is.

I have a Mymode set to P, Auto WB, ISO 50, RAW, iESP+P-AF focus and ESP
metering and another one which is identical except that it's set to M (I
use it for panoramas).

You'll find an Olympus 8080 users group at

Alfred Molon
------------------------------
Old August 3rd 04, 04:06 AM
Tim S.

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
Tim S. wrote:
Any one here using this camera? What are your thoughts on it, and best
settings you have found for nice pictures?

I would also like to ask what Mode would give the best results, RAW,

TIFF,
JPG.

I have it since Friday and shoot almost exclusively RAW, mostly at ISO
50. Haven't tried yet to find out what the best WB setting for JPEG
images is.

I have a Mymode set to P, Auto WB, ISO 50, RAW, iESP+P-AF focus and ESP
metering and another one which is identical except that it's set to M (I
use it for panoramas).

You'll find an Olympus 8080 users group at

Alfred Molon

Thank You Alfred,

I appreciate the comments. I'm looking forward to using the 8080

Tim

Old August 3rd 04, 08:38 AM
Petr V.

Out of all the compact digitals (8mp) this is the best one. I have tried all
the others for about a day or so with each and the olympus gave the best
results.