One-a-Day Plus (or minus) gallery 6-22-07

Old June 23rd 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Willarojo

Default One-a-Day Plus (or minus) gallery 6-22-07

Here's a freaky string of coincidences:

Went to my favorite cemetary tonight after the rain to re-shoot the
green beanlings. Moments after parking, I hear the rustling of
feathers, and see not one but 2 hawks! Pretty standard hawks,
nothing exciting, but I'd never seen them in this neighborhood
before. Caught one in a tree, because, even though I couldn't get
too close without spooking him (took me 5 minutes to get this close),
I luckily (and literally at the last moment) had brought my old
manual & adapted 400mm (=640mm).

http://www.pbase.com/willarojo/image/80988654

Yeah, too dark, not a great shot, because I'm not too fast with that
old manual lens (necessarily on Av "00" mode). But I'm now a *very*
junior member of the Hawk Club.
Then, things get weird...the second hawk swoops overhead, so I start
to track him, and get a couple blurry shots between close-by trees.
As I'm watching him, hawk #1 takes off, pursued by a... crow! I
managed to get a couple not-so-good shots of that.

http://www.pbase.com/willarojo/image/80988736

Then, having scared off his enemy, the crow sits contentedly in a
treetop, triumphant.

http://www.pbase.com/image/80988845

Take that, Marlon Perkins!

Willa
--
http://www.pbase.com/willarojo

“I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to
live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad.”
Thoreau, Civil Disobedience

“We are in great haste to construct a magnetic telegraph line
from Maine to Texas; but Maine and Texas, it may be, have nothing
important to communicate.”
Thoreau, Walden

Old June 23rd 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bully.Basher

"Willarojo" wrote in message
6.120...
Here's a freaky string of coincidences:

http://www.pbase.com/willarojo/image/80988654

Yeah, too dark, not a great shot, because I'm not too fast with that
old manual lens (necessarily on Av "00" mode). But I'm now a *very*
junior member of the Hawk Club.
Then, things get weird...the second hawk swoops overhead, so I start
to track him, and get a couple blurry shots between close-by trees.
As I'm watching him, hawk #1 takes off, pursued by a... crow! I
managed to get a couple not-so-good shots of that.

http://www.pbase.com/willarojo/image/80988736

Then, having scared off his enemy, the crow sits contentedly in a
treetop, triumphant.

http://www.pbase.com/image/80988845

Take that, Marlon Perkins!

Willa

You posted these for a bet or as a joke?

I guess this statement of your own self importance is timely?

"2. I've seen your photos, and instead of defending anyone else, I
will simply say "glass house(boat)s Douggie, glass house(boat)s".

You would do well to take your own advice Willa.
Out of focus pictures so over exposed as to render them unidentifable could
only be posted by someone intending to get a lift from someone. Well, you
got it from me. Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Old June 24th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pudentame

Willarojo wrote:
Here's a freaky string of coincidences:

Went to my favorite cemetary tonight after the rain to re-shoot the
green beanlings. Moments after parking, I hear the rustling of
feathers, and see not one but 2 hawks!

Then, things get weird...the second hawk swoops overhead, so I start
to track him, and get a couple blurry shots between close-by trees.
As I'm watching him, hawk #1 takes off, pursued by a... crow!

Then, having scared off his enemy, the crow sits contentedly in a
treetop, triumphant.

Ain't none of 'em keepers; too dark, too out of focus.
Old June 24th 07, 06:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Willarojo

"Bully.Basher" vehemently accused in
:

"Willarojo" wrote in message
6.120...
[...]

Strictly for entertainment purposes, Douggie. If you weren't
entertained, that's fine, I ever claimed National Geographic was
knocking down my door to get these. I simply had never seen a hawk
chased off by another bird(s)... until yesterday, and now again
today. Magpies this time, I think.

And where should I mail that clump of grass to? You have been
practicing, right?

Also been meaning to ask, do you have a scrap of finely
embroidered, beaded & detailed wedding dress I could borrow? Maybe
from one of your shoots? I need a blank white area to use for a
custom white balance. Oh, wait, could I borrow a snippet from one
of your posted wedding dress pics?

Willa