Alignment of Omega D5V-XL Enlarger

Old April 29th 05, 10:15 AM
narke

Default Alignment of Omega D5V-XL Enlarger

i'v brought this used enlarger home and settled it well. but I found
the chassis inclining a degree which is too large to me, thus when do
some large works, the projected image will go out of the margin of the
baseboard.

i think if i reduce the inclining degree (make the chassis more
vertical against the baseboard) i can make the projected image going
more center in the baseboard hence keep it from leaving baseboard. but
i am not su

1, is the chassis adjustable for the inclining degree? and how to? I
only found screws which let me rotate the chassis.

2, if the chassis changed its inclining degree, how about the nagative
plate? will it still keep parallel to the baseboard?

i am not sure if or not i well described my problem

-
narke

Old April 29th 05, 02:55 PM
jjs

"narke" wrote in message
ups.com...
i'v brought this used enlarger home and settled it well. but I found
the chassis inclining a degree which is too large to me, thus when do
some large works, the projected image will go out of the margin of the
baseboard.

i think if i reduce the inclining degree (make the chassis more
vertical against the baseboard) i can make the projected image going
more center in the baseboard hence keep it from leaving baseboard. but
i am not su

Don't go that route. You are working against the engineering of the system.
Instead, get a larger, flat, laminated 3/4" board and place it on the
existing baseboard. Counter-sink four bolts, and fasten it down level.
That's what I did for the same enlarge. It works fine.

Old April 30th 05, 05:16 AM
Ken Hart

"jjs" wrote in message
"narke" wrote in message
ups.com...
i'v brought this used enlarger home and settled it well. but I found
the chassis inclining a degree which is too large to me, thus when do
some large works, the projected image will go out of the margin of the
baseboard.

i think if i reduce the inclining degree (make the chassis more
vertical against the baseboard) i can make the projected image going
more center in the baseboard hence keep it from leaving baseboard. but
i am not su

Don't go that route. You are working against the engineering of the

system.
Instead, get a larger, flat, laminated 3/4" board and place it on the
existing baseboard. Counter-sink four bolts, and fasten it down level.
That's what I did for the same enlarge. It works fine.

Another alternative is to eliminate the baseboard entirely and mount the
enlarger directly to a solid countertop. But do not try to change the angle
of the coluum.

Ken Hart

Old April 30th 05, 06:42 AM
narke

do i need drill holes on two board in order to bolt them together? i
think it is not easer to do. how about buy a easel and put half of
easel on the baseboard and use the other half to extend the area?

-
narke

Old April 30th 05, 02:52 PM
jjs

"Ken Hart" wrote in message
.. .

Another alternative is to eliminate the baseboard entirely and mount the
enlarger directly to a solid countertop. But do not try to change the
angle
of the coluum.

Which reminds me - I have a wall-mount for that enlarger. I've never used
it!

Old April 30th 05, 02:53 PM
jjs

"narke" wrote in message
oups.com...
do i need drill holes on two board in order to bolt them together? i
think it is not easer to do. how about buy a easel and put half of
easel on the baseboard and use the other half to extend the area?

That's what I did. Set the new board on top of the old one. Clamp them
together (or not), and drill straight through. Then countersink the top
holes. A countersink is cheap, as are drill bits. 1/4" bolts are sufficient.

Old May 2nd 05, 03:27 AM
narke

thank you all !