Photoshop Exercise

Old November 9th 15, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Photoshop Exercise

On 2015-11-09 16:09:50 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

If you want to play, here's another exercise in Photoshop
manipulation. This photograph, taken this weekend, is one I used to
practice my skills in using Photoshop's tools.

This time, I won't show the original until later. (Or, at all, if
there's no interest)

Without the unadjusted image to compare the reworked result against,
how are we supposed to guess what your intentions were, or what tools
you used?

I'll give you one clue: It looks like the entire door was added, but
that's not the case. The door was there where it is shown, but the
hinges were so broken that I had to prop it up to keep it closed.

There are six areas where major changes were made.

https://tonycooper.smugmug.com/AUE-P...15-11-07-1.jpg

I confess, I don't have a clue where you were going with this one.

Anyway, if you want an adjusted doorway, try this for size.
https://db.tt/iE0cEwpo
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_388.jpg

Savageduck

Old November 9th 15, 08:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-11-09 18:18:20 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 09:34:04 -0800, Savageduck

On 2015-11-09 16:09:50 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

If you want to play, here's another exercise in Photoshop
manipulation. This photograph, taken this weekend, is one I used to
practice my skills in using Photoshop's tools.

This time, I won't show the original until later. (Or, at all, if
there's no interest)

Without the unadjusted image to compare the reworked result against,
how are we supposed to guess what your intentions were, or what tools
you used?

I'll give you one clue: It looks like the entire door was added, but
that's not the case. The door was there where it is shown, but the
hinges were so broken that I had to prop it up to keep it closed.

There are six areas where major changes were made.

https://tonycooper.smugmug.com/AUE-P...15-11-07-1.jpg

I confess, I don't have a clue where you were going with this one.

The exercise is for me to do it well enough that you can't tell what
adjustments I've done. If you can't spot the changes without the
original, then I've done a good job.

To show you the original, or tell you what tools I've used, makes it
too easy for you.

That is usually true for all adjusted/edited/corrected images as most
of us don't usually post unmolested originals. Yet here you are posting
an adjusted/corrected/edited image and are asking us to detail the
changes without an original present.

Can you spot the six major areas and what I've done? Be specific.

Without the original it doesn't matter.

If you don't want to play, don't. It's an optional exercise for the
viewers here.

Using your particular rules, this is a pointless exercise. So have at it.

It can't be less interesting than some of the other
posts here, but it's your choice.

Given chronic thread drift here, that is an obvious truth.

The intent is not to show you a good or interesting photograph, but to
make changes in Photoshop that are undetectable. They are, of course,
detectable.

....but not worth bothering with, given a particularly bland image.

Savageduck

Old November 9th 15, 10:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 2015-11-09 16:09:50 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

[...]

viewers here. It can't be less interesting than some of the other
posts here, but it's your choice.

The intent is not to show you a good or interesting photograph, but to
make changes in Photoshop that are undetectable. They are, of course,
detectable.

I agree with Savageduck, not worth a lot of effort.
Anyway, I noticed a lot of clone work on the door
and the frame.

==
Later...
Ron C