Nikon is going to KEEP using that flooded-out building??!!!

Old December 3rd 11, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Nikon is going to KEEP using that flooded-out building??!!!

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 10:04:56 +1100, N wrote:

Whisky-dave wrote on 12/3/2011 :
On Dec 2, 10:53*am, N wrote:

My colleague in Auckland did the tour a couple of weeks ago. *I hope
she brings all her photos with her next week when she comes over.

Brings.. photos how 20th century ;-)

Maybe, but a couple of years ago she brought some photos (in her
camera) for me to see, and the camera was stolen from her hotel room.
She knows how to download the photos to her company laptop, but said
laptop has serious disk space issues at the moment.

The company laptop fleet is old and I'm encouraging IT to wait until
DELL release their ultrabooks next year.

If you can afford to wait, you don't really need it. :-)

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old December 3rd 11, 01:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
N[_9_]

On Dec 2, 10:53*am, N wrote:

My colleague in Auckland did the tour a couple of weeks ago. *I hope
she brings all her photos with her next week when she comes over.

Brings.. photos how 20th century ;-)

Maybe, but a couple of years ago she brought some photos (in her
camera) for me to see, and the camera was stolen from her hotel room.
She knows how to download the photos to her company laptop, but said
laptop has serious disk space issues at the moment.

The company laptop fleet is old and I'm encouraging IT to wait until
DELL release their ultrabooks next year.

If you can afford to wait, you don't really need it. :-)

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Rubbish. You clearly don't know much about corporate purchasing.

Old December 3rd 11, 04:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Dec 2, 10:53*am, N wrote:

My colleague in Auckland did the tour a couple of weeks ago. *I hope
she brings all her photos with her next week when she comes over.

Brings.. photos how 20th century ;-)

Maybe, but a couple of years ago she brought some photos (in her
camera) for me to see, and the camera was stolen from her hotel room.
She knows how to download the photos to her company laptop, but said
laptop has serious disk space issues at the moment.

The company laptop fleet is old and I'm encouraging IT to wait until
DELL release their ultrabooks next year.

If you can afford to wait, you don't really need it. :-)

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Rubbish. You clearly don't know much about corporate purchasing.

What has the purchasing department or policy or whatever got to do
with it?

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Old December 3rd 11, 09:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Dec 2, 10:53*am, N wrote:

[...]

That sounds like a cop-out to me.

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old December 3rd 11, 09:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
N[_9_]

On Dec 2, 10:53*am, N wrote:

[...]

How it sounds to you is completely irrelevant. You clearly have no
clue about corporate IT purchasing.

Old December 3rd 11, 08:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Dec 2, 10:53*am, N wrote:

[...]

Let's assume that you are correct (which you are not). Please explain
the error in my original statement " If you can afford to wait, you
don't really need it. :-)".

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old December 4th 11, 08:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

On 3/12/2011 11:07 a.m., Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 20:52:37 +1100, wrote:

Me wrote on 12/2/2011 :
On 2/12/2011 7:37 p.m., David J Taylor wrote:
wrote in message
Oh my GOD! Cameras built in what was a SEWER not long ago!!!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2011/12...sumesshipments

I'm sure that all those who depend on work in that area will be wanting
to get back to normal just as soon as possible - they have had a lot to
bear. I am pleased by the news.

So am I.
Having survived a recent natural disaster (but still dealing with the ongoing
hassles which will probably take 25 years to rectify), I could only hope that
the next event happens under RichA's arse, harms nobody, but give him
something else on which to focus his attention.
My city: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/62466002

One of my photos of part of your city:
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/59233890.jpg
from the 25th floor of Grand Chancellor.

It reminds me of this, also taken from a hotel:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/DSC_0102.JPG

Virtually everything in the foreground is destroyed: gone for
practical purpose.

Yep. Some people would like to see iconic buildings like the cathedral
saved/restored. I don't expect it will happen.
We got flattened by several relatively small (M6.3 - 7.1), close,
shallow quakes. Very high peak ground acceleration, high frequency,
short duration.
But not far away (~100km) we've got a major fault which as "let rip" in
1100, 1450, 1620 and 1717, easily capable of M8+.
Old December 4th 11, 09:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote in message
[...]

That's the one that everyone has been waiting for. In fact they are
now puzzled as to why it hasn't yet let rip.

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old December 4th 11, 09:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
N[_9_]

On Dec 2, 10:53*am, N wrote:

[...]

If you don't know what's wrong with it, you'll never understand
corporate purchasing policy.

Boy this place is certainly getting flooded ... HEMI-Powered Digital Photography 93 April 11th 08 12:11 PM
Leaving The Building Jim Phelps 35mm Photo Equipment 10 February 10th 05 02:17 PM
Building a 20D kit Ray Creveling Digital Photography 10 September 27th 04 12:02 PM
I flooded AUK ± Digital Photography 1 July 14th 04 12:02 AM
I flooded AUK ± 35mm Photo Equipment 0 July 12th 04 12:26 PM