Amazing ad photo

Old February 15th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charles[_2_]

Default Amazing ad photo

Check out the cool guy he
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/20969/olympus-sp590uz/

He is cool and young and sexy and good looking and is holding the future in
his hands.

Check out the balding, nerdy creep in the background with his ridiculous
tripod and huge lens.

I hope this bites Olympus in the ass.

Old February 15th 09, 02:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
irwell

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 19:34:31 -0500, Charles wrote:

Check out the cool guy he
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/20969/olympus-sp590uz/

He is cool and young and sexy and good looking and is holding the future in
his hands.

Check out the balding, nerdy creep in the background with his ridiculous
tripod and huge lens.

I hope this bites Olympus in the ass.

Happy Valentine's Day to you as well.
Old February 15th 09, 06:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Charles wrote:
Check out the cool guy he
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/20969/olympus-sp590uz/

He is cool and young and sexy and good looking and is holding the future in
his hands.

No, that's a camera which may or may not portend what's to be in the
future, and the guy dresses like a boy, and is a chimper.

Check out the balding, nerdy creep in the background with his ridiculous
tripod and huge lens.

It's a monopod, and quite useful.

He's probably balding, but what makes him nerdy or creepy? What's wrong
with balding?

--
john mcwilliams
Old February 15th 09, 01:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G[_2_]

"Charles" wrote in message
Check out the cool guy he
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/20969/olympus-sp590uz/

He is cool and young and sexy and good looking and

--------------

could be as thick as 2 short planks, and unable to recognise the good camera
when given the choice.

Roy G

Old February 15th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 2/14/09 6:34 PM, in article , "Charles"
wrote:

Check out the cool guy he
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/20969/olympus-sp590uz/

A faggot, no doubt.

Not that there's anything wrong with that Politically Correct
Disclaimer

Old February 15th 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete D

"the donny" wrote in message
On Feb 15, 1:44 am, John McWilliams wrote:
Charles wrote:
Check out the cool guy he
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/20969/olympus-sp590uz/

He is cool and young and sexy and good looking and is holding the future
in
his hands.

No, that's a camera which may or may not portend what's to be in the
future, and the guy dresses like a boy, and is a chimper.

Check out the balding, nerdy creep in the background with his ridiculous
tripod and huge lens.

It's a monopod, and quite useful.

He's probably balding, but what makes him nerdy or creepy? What's wrong
with balding?

--
john mcwilliams

That's weird. I'm 53, balding and I still get hit upon by 20 year old
girls. Go figure. Sex appeal isn't about the latest in hair cuts, or
gels, or 'the look'. It's about what's inside of you that's brought
to the front/face/eyes/demeanor etc. How you hold yourself, your sense
of humor, are you young inside of your head, or are you old? Dip****s
like that boy in front look good, but they do not neccessarily have
sex appeal. For example, I think this girl(she's not old, but she
does not have the current look) is incredibly beautiful: (the girl in
the foreground; the girl in the background is older and looks very
sophisticated) http://thecia.com.au/reviews/m/image...part-one-2.jpg

Weird allright, I am 53 not bald and only get hit on by 26 year olds, I
expect that it is like the "Grab A Granny Nights" we used to have when I was
in my twenties when we would hit up on the oldies (mid 30's), it sounds like
they are having an ugly night where there is a prize for whoever brings
along the ugliest man..... and you are it!

Old February 16th 09, 09:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Roy G wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
Check out the cool guy he
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/20969/olympus-sp590uz/

He is cool and young and sexy and good looking and

--------------

could be as thick as 2 short planks, and unable to recognise the good camera
when given the choice.

Roy G

Well, if the camera lives up to its press, then it will be a rather nice
addition to the choice list. However, given its rather grandiose
claims, I suspect they may have fallen short on some of them. One thing
I didn't see when skimming the article was any mention of the EFT
resolution, low light response, and image stabilization function, other
than 'dual mode', which may mean nothing. Still, it looks like a good
addition to the 'super-zoom' range of cameras. I look forward to
reading a test review.
Old February 16th 09, 09:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_9_]

Ron Hunter wrote:
Roy G wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
Check out the cool guy he
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/20969/olympus-sp590uz/

He is cool and young and sexy and good looking and

--------------

could be as thick as 2 short planks, and unable to recognise the
good camera when given the choice.

Roy G

Well, if the camera lives up to its press, then it will be a rather
nice addition to the choice list. However, given its rather grandiose
claims, I suspect they may have fallen short on some of them. One
thing I didn't see when skimming the article was any mention of the
EFT resolution, low light response, and image stabilization function,
other than 'dual mode', which may mean nothing. Still, it looks like
a good addition to the 'super-zoom' range of cameras. I look forward
to reading a test review.

But Olympus seem to have so many very similar cameras, it makes me wonder
if they keep trying to get it right and just failing. Why so many?
Elsewhere, someone else commented that the colour fringing and the
pincushion/barrel distortion on their lenses was not at all good.

Cheers,
David

Old February 16th 09, 11:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

John McWilliams wrote:
Charles wrote:
Check out the cool guy he
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/20969/olympus-sp590uz/

He is cool and young and sexy and good looking and is holding the future in
his hands.

No, that's a camera which may or may not portend what's to be in the
future, and the guy dresses like a boy, and is a chimper.

Check out the balding, nerdy creep in the background with his ridiculous
tripod and huge lens.

It's a monopod, and quite useful.

He's probably balding, but what makes him nerdy or creepy? What's wrong
with balding?

Folk who have no other claim to fame than good looks and fashionable
clothes are terrified of being thought nerdy or creepy. In a technical
area like photography the big problem is that often a technical
requirement will make a camera look clumsy or ugly which would of
course ruin their chances of getting into bed with the desirable
sex. So they have to carefully restrict themselves to cameras which
look cool and fashionable.

Fortunately there are camera makers who produce models for these
handicapped people.

--
Chris Malcolm