Capture NX: 1 vs 2

Old December 17th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mike -- Email Ignored

Default Capture NX: 1 vs 2

I have Capture NX 1. Is it worth spending money
to get Capture NX 2? Why?

Thanks,
Mike.
Old December 17th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Focus[_3_]

"Mike -- Email Ignored" wrote in message
I have Capture NX 1. Is it worth spending money
to get Capture NX 2? Why?

NX 2 is much faster (maybe up to 5 times) and more stable. Better interface
and some extra's. I wouldn't go back to nș 1..

--
Focus

Old December 17th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
trouble

You can download a fully functional trial version and see for yourself.
For how I use NX, as a raw converter with images transferred to Photoshop
for finishing, I could see absolutely no advantage to the upgrade as what is
added is better done in Photoshop.
I use NX on dual core (AMD and Intel) and Intel Quad core machines, laptops
and desktops, and have never experienced any problems with speed or
stability. I used to use it on a Pentium 4 laptop without problems.
Rather than paying for NX2 it may be more worthwhile looking into the new
Nik plug-in (Nik is the actual source of NX) for Photoshop that does
essentially the same thing and possibly more.

Old December 17th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ASAAR

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:51:45 -0800, trouble wrote:

Rather than paying for NX2 it may be more worthwhile looking into
the new Nik plug-in (Nik is the actual source of NX) for Photoshop
that does essentially the same thing and possibly more.

I may be mistaken but I thought that I read someone's reply that
said that the Nik plug-in cost about the same (or more) than NX2.

Old December 17th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mike -- Email Ignored

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:51:45 -0800, trouble wrote:

You can download a fully functional trial version and see for yourself.
For how I use NX, as a raw converter with images transferred to
Photoshop for finishing, I could see absolutely no advantage to the
upgrade as what is added is better done in Photoshop.
I use NX on dual core (AMD and Intel) and Intel Quad core machines,
laptops and desktops, and have never experienced any problems with speed
or stability. I used to use it on a Pentium 4 laptop without problems.
Rather than paying for NX2 it may be more worthwhile looking into the
new Nik plug-in (Nik is the actual source of NX) for Photoshop that does
essentially the same thing and possibly more.

Does Nik plug-in allow saving of edit parameters without changing the
source file, as does Capture NX?

Mike.
Old December 19th 08, 08:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

ASAAR wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:51:45 -0800, trouble wrote:

Rather than paying for NX2 it may be more worthwhile looking into
the new Nik plug-in (Nik is the actual source of NX) for Photoshop
that does essentially the same thing and possibly more.

I may be mistaken but I thought that I read someone's reply that
said that the Nik plug-in cost about the same (or more) than NX2.

Just their Nik sharpening plugin is $200:
http://www.niksoftware.com/completec.../usa/entry.php
it's not clear that they have something comparable to NX as a PS plugin.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net