A Long Time Ago Spiretone Had ...

Old May 8th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Default A Long Time Ago Spiretone Had ...

A long time ago Spiretone had an adaptor that you could attach to a
telephoto SLR lens that would convert it to a telescope, i.e., with no
camera attached. I can't remember what they called it to see if i
could look up on google.

What were they called?

Where can I buy a functional equilvant today, Nikon mount?

thanks for the help
Old May 9th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

wrote in message
A long time ago Spiretone had an adaptor that you could attach to a
telephoto SLR lens that would convert it to a telescope, i.e., with no
camera attached. I can't remember what they called it to see if i
could look up on google.

What were they called?

Where can I buy a functional equilvant today, Nikon mount?

thanks for the help

I have a Vivitar that does the same thing, with a Nikon mount, but I mislaid
it, and haven't been able to find it for the last year or so....It was
called the "V-1" or something like that....It was great to carry with me to
flea markets and garage sales and the like. First off, I could tell whether
a strange lens was a Nikon mount or not, and second, I could look through
the lens and see if there were any defects......

Old May 9th 07, 09:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Thanks for the information, it is what I wanted.

Too bad that Nikon doesn't seem to to be made any more.

(and wouldn't it be nice if the adaptor could enable the IS system)

On Tue, 8 May 2007 18:33:48 -0400, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04
@aol.com wrote:

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
wrote:

A long time ago Spiretone had an adaptor that you could attach to a
telephoto SLR lens that would convert it to a telescope, i.e., with
no camera attached. I can't remember what they called it to see if i
could look up on google.

What were they called?

Lens Scope Converter.

Where can I buy a functional equilvant today, Nikon mount?

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/lsc.htm

I forgot to add the link, sorry.

http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ270117410297QQihZ017QQ

Rita

Old May 11th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Yoshi

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

snip

First off, I could tell whether a strange lens was a Nikon mount or not

Can't you do that just by looking at the mount?

Yoshi

Old May 11th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Yoshi" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

snip

First off, I could tell whether a strange lens was a Nikon mount or
not

Can't you do that just by looking at the mount?

Yoshi

Now, perhaps....But several years ago, when I was carrying that converter,
no.....I couldn't.

Old May 19th 07, 01:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On May 8, 6:18?pm, wrote:
A long time ago Spiretone had an adaptor that you could attach to a
telephoto SLR lens that would convert it to a telescope, i.e., with no
camera attached. I can't remember what they called it to see if i
could look up on google.

What were they called?

Where can I buy a functional equilvant today, Nikon mount?

thanks for the help

//////////////////////////////////////

I believe its called a "T" mount adapter. Go to the Meade telescope
web site where I'm sure you'll find what you need.

bob

Old May 19th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Starlord

teleaphoto lens are poor telescopes, they are designed for cameras and not
viewing. Look at the good telescopes, hell, look at the 3 I own, my smallest
is a F9 4.25inch Dob which can blow away most lens. I've also got a F8 8inch
and a 10inch F5 too all dobs.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
AD World
http://www.adworld.netfirms.com/

wrote in message
ups.com...

Old May 19th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Scott Schuckert

In article . com,
" wrote:

I believe its called a "T" mount adapter. Go to the Meade telescope
web site where I'm sure you'll find what you need.

No, he doesn't want to use it on a camera; he needs an eyepiece that
fits his lens.