Battery for Metz 45 CT-1 Flashlight

Old March 1st 07, 09:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Steven Woody

Default Battery for Metz 45 CT-1 Flashlight

metz 45 ct-1 requires 6 AA batteries. how many times of full output
can these batteries provide? i guess it will cost a lot of money in
long use. i am considering buy some rechargable batteries for it, but
i am not certain these kind of batteries can provide same power as
normal AA. any advice?

-
woody

Old March 2nd 07, 11:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Thierry Dussuet

Hi!

On 2007-03-01, Steven Woody wrote:
metz 45 ct-1 requires 6 AA batteries. how many times of full output
can these batteries provide?

A lot

i guess it will cost a lot of money in long use. i am considering buy some
rechargable batteries for it, but i am not certain these kind of batteries
can provide same power as normal AA. any advice?

There are probably others who could give you more accurate informations but I
still have the same non-rechargable batteries in mine since the beginning of
last summer, and it still charges as if they were new!
If I were you I'd just try it out with non-rechargable ones and if their
lifespan is really too short you can still swap...

Best regards,

Thierry
Old March 2nd 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
darkroommike

One of the big advantages of this type of flash is that you
will rarely shoot at full power, and the thyristor metering
in Metz (and Sunpak) flashes is much more accurate than some
other brands, so use the thing on Auto and you won't change
batteries very often. When shooting weddings I used to load
fresh batteries into my holders (two per flash unit) and
blaze away--I think I only had to change out the AA's once
in all the weddings I shot (and that was in a BIG reception
hall with a high roof--so I was shooting full power that
day). After the wedding I then continued to use the same
batteries until the recycle times got long or I had another
essential job to shoot.

AA's expensive? Not really. You could try the AA Alkaline
rechargeables in the AA holder. Didn't like the Nicads
since they lose charge sitting around so I always had to
remember to plug them in 24 hours before shooting.

You could go with the Quantum 2 but have to shoot one hell
of a lot to defray the cost of THAT battery or switch and
use the 45's bigger brother--a 60CT-1 with the dryfit battery.

darkroommike

Old March 3rd 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Steven Woody

Steven Woody wrote:
metz 45 ct-1 requires 6 AA batteries. how many times of full output
can these batteries provide? i guess it will cost a lot of money in
long use. i am considering buy some rechargable batteries for it, but
i am not certain these kind of batteries can provide same power as
normal AA. any advice?

-
woody

a lot of thanks for all your replies. though, still a little
confusing about 'try the AA Alkaline
rechargeable', what's that?

Old March 3rd 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
darkroommike

Rayovac makes a special Alkaline AA that will recharge in
their proprietary charger, not the capacity or cycle time of
a Nicad but they stay charged longer in the camera bag.
darkroommike

Old March 4th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

Get NIMH batteries and charger. I use them in similar Metz Flash

Old March 8th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

On Mar 1, 3:16�am, "Steven Woody" wrote:
metz 45 ct-1 requires 6 AA batteries. *how many times of full output
can these batteries provide? *i guess it will cost a lot of money in
long use. i am considering buy some rechargable batteries for it, but
i am not certain these kind of batteries can provide same power as
normal AA. *any advice?

-
woody

/////////////////////////////////////

Metz P50 Power Pack, is rechargeable.

Bob McCarthy

Old March 8th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Neil Gould

Recently, Steven Woody posted:

metz 45 ct-1 requires 6 AA batteries. how many times of full output
can these batteries provide? i guess it will cost a lot of money in
long use. i am considering buy some rechargable batteries for it, but
i am not certain these kind of batteries can provide same power as
normal AA. any advice?

The "right decision" depends a lot on how you use the flash. If you use it
to shoot several rolls of film per day, then rechargeables are the way to
go. BTW - rechargeable NiCads deliver a *lot* more power than alkaline
batteries, but what you'll experience is faster recycle times, not more
light. If you shoot a roll of film once a month, then non-rechargeable
AA's are the way to go.

Neil