Workshop with Keith Lazelle

Old August 10th 04, 04:53 PM
Scott M. Knowles

Default Workshop with Keith Lazelle

Information wrote in message ...
On 8/4/04 6:42 PM, in article ,
"Randall Ainsworth" wrote:

In article , David Kirschtel
wrote:

Nature Photography Workshop at the Cedar River Watershed Education Center
Led by: Keith Lazelle (http://www.keithlazelle.com/)

Never heard of him. But I've been through North Bend many times.

Keith is a highly accomplished photographer. I believe his website speaks
for itself..... $50 for a full day seminar with Keith, including access to
the Cedar River...

Rick Ellsbury
Bellevue, WA

I don't know Keith, but you should notice the e-mail contact is a City
of Seattle address. The Cedar Watershed is owned by the City Water
Department for the regional water supply, and the watershed is closed
to all but a handful of federal, state, and local agencies, and public
tours. It's a restored pristine area, see:

http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/util/Abo...shed/index.asp

--Scott--
Old August 10th 04, 04:53 PM
Scott M. Knowles

Information wrote in message ...
On 8/4/04 6:42 PM, in article ,

Old August 11th 04, 02:41 AM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Scott M.
Knowles wrote:

I don't know Keith, but you should notice the e-mail contact is a City
of Seattle address. The Cedar Watershed is owned by the City Water
Department for the regional water supply, and the watershed is closed
to all but a handful of federal, state, and local agencies, and public
tours. It's a restored pristine area, see:

He lives in Quilcene according to his Web site. Quilcene is up the
coast from me a couple of hours...basically the middle of nowhere. I'd
be surprised if they even had dial-up access.

Old August 11th 04, 07:04 AM
Information

snip

Keith is a highly accomplished photographer. I believe his website speaks
for itself..... $50 for a full day seminar with Keith, including access to
the Cedar River...

Rick Ellsbury
Bellevue, WA

I don't know Keith, but you should notice the e-mail contact is a City
of Seattle address. The Cedar Watershed is owned by the City Water
Department for the regional water supply, and the watershed is closed
to all but a handful of federal, state, and local agencies, and public
tours. It's a restored pristine area, see:

http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/util/Abo...urces_&_Treatm
ent/Cedar_River_Watershed/index.asp

--Scott--

More information located here...part of the education outreach program.

http://www.actionstudio.org/public/p...fm?pageID=3323

If you do plan to move to Quilcene and need ISP service, the following link
will be of use. I noticed they have ISDN service for a fair price.

http://usa01.net/isp/Quilcene/pricelist.html

ISDN can actually (and often does) perform better than entry level DSL
because of DSL architecture and regulations which allow telecom ISP's to
vary the service speed they deliver. I monitor my ISP and find they fudge
on service speed about 20 % of the time. If one is running web site
maintenance and support, dial-up, DSL or ISDN are preferred over cable due
to the exclusion of access to IP addresses on your node. Course, if your
in the outback, you can go with satellite, solar array, wind power to have
really nice high speed access. I suppose this isn't topical to nature
photography, unless you want to build a photo web site and maintain it.

Old August 11th 04, 02:21 PM
Randall Ainsworth

More information located here...part of the education outreach program.

http://www.actionstudio.org/public/p...fm?pageID=3323

Ahhhh...Friends of the Watershed. I've seen enough of these "friends
of" groups. We've got one around here that should be more accurately
named NIMBY.
Well, you greeners go out there and hug some trees and have a real
fine time becoming one with nature. Just stay up there in the Seattle
area.
Old August 11th 04, 10:37 PM
Scott M. Knowles

Randall Ainsworth wrote in message . ..

Ahhhh...Friends of the Watershed. I've seen enough of these "friends
of" groups. We've got one around here that should be more accurately
named NIMBY.
Well, you greeners go out there and hug some trees and have a real
fine time becoming one with nature. Just stay up there in the Seattle
area.

I think that may be an exageration in this case. The upper Cedar River
watershed is one of two (South Fork Tolt River the other) that
provides the drinking water to the greater Seattle-King County area.
There is every interest to restore and preserve it. The City of
Seattle has gone to great lengths to acquire land in the watershed and
ensure the basin is undeveloped to be a good source of water. This
group helps, and that's not just being a "greener", but a good citizen
concerned for all. You can get information at:

http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/util/Abo...nter/index.asp

--Scott--

Old August 12th 04, 02:44 AM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Scott M.
Knowles wrote:

I think that may be an exageration in this case. The upper Cedar River
watershed is one of two (South Fork Tolt River the other) that
provides the drinking water to the greater Seattle-King County area.
There is every interest to restore and preserve it. The City of
Seattle has gone to great lengths to acquire land in the watershed and
ensure the basin is undeveloped to be a good source of water. This
group helps, and that's not just being a "greener", but a good citizen
concerned for all. You can get information at:

I've done aerial photography in the area a number of times.

You tree huggers can just stay up there in the Seattle area and commune
with nature.