Who makes cheap but decent lithium batteries?

Old August 24th 06, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom,sci.electronics.components,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
David

Default Who makes cheap but decent lithium batteries?

I have nearly alwys found that the original lithium battery which comes
with my mobile phone or digital camera is better than any 3rd party
lookalike.

My original Nokia battery significantly outperforms a lookalike even
though the lookalike claims almost 40% extra capacity.

Similalry my digital camera's battery is better than the lookalikes I
have tried.

Trouble is that original batteries cost a fortune to buy on their own.

Which are the brands for decent lookalike lithiums?

For example the NP-20 shown below.
http://www.batteriesplus.co.uk/acata...Casio_129.html
Old August 24th 06, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom,sci.electronics.components,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Graham

I have nearly alwys found that the original lithium battery which comes
with my mobile phone or digital camera is better than any 3rd party
lookalike.

My original Nokia battery significantly outperforms a lookalike even
though the lookalike claims almost 40% extra capacity.

Similalry my digital camera's battery is better than the lookalikes I
have tried.

Trouble is that original batteries cost a fortune to buy on their own.

Which are the brands for decent lookalike lithiums?

For example the NP-20 shown below.
http://www.batteriesplus.co.uk/acata...Casio_129.html

These are all Lithium Ion batteries.
Lithium batteries are quite different, and are not rechargeable.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old August 25th 06, 08:42 AM posted to uk.telecom,sci.electronics.components,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Dennis Pogson

David wrote:
I have nearly alwys found that the original lithium battery which
comes with my mobile phone or digital camera is better than any 3rd
party lookalike.

My original Nokia battery significantly outperforms a lookalike even
though the lookalike claims almost 40% extra capacity.

Similalry my digital camera's battery is better than the lookalikes I
have tried.

Trouble is that original batteries cost a fortune to buy on their own.

Which are the brands for decent lookalike lithiums?

For example the NP-20 shown below.
http://www.batteriesplus.co.uk/acata...Casio_129.html

I have found this firm to be excellent.
http://www.battery-force.co.uk/index.html

Old August 25th 06, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom,sci.electronics.components,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Mark Fortune

Dennis Pogson wrote:
David wrote:

I have nearly alwys found that the original lithium battery which
comes with my mobile phone or digital camera is better than any 3rd
party lookalike.

My original Nokia battery significantly outperforms a lookalike even
though the lookalike claims almost 40% extra capacity.

Similalry my digital camera's battery is better than the lookalikes I
have tried.

Trouble is that original batteries cost a fortune to buy on their own.

Which are the brands for decent lookalike lithiums?

For example the NP-20 shown below.
http://www.batteriesplus.co.uk/acata...Casio_129.html

I have found this firm to be excellent.
http://www.battery-force.co.uk/index.html

Yeah, we got some sample batteries from them for our mp3 players as
duracell ones were lasting about 10 hours playtime. They sent us loads
and their own branded ones lasted for around 20-24 hours playtime.
Really helpful people, the prices were pretty good as I recall too.

Think i've still got some of their batteries running my electric toothbrush.

Mark
Old August 25th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom,sci.electronics.components,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Graculus

"David" wrote in message
I have nearly alwys found that the original lithium battery which comes
with my mobile phone or digital camera is better than any 3rd party
lookalike.

Sony?

Oh, maybe not, unless you like the smell of a real fire.

Old August 25th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom,sci.electronics.components,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:59:28 +0100, "Graculus"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
I have nearly alwys found that the original lithium battery which comes
with my mobile phone or digital camera is better than any 3rd party
lookalike.

Sony?

Oh, maybe not, unless you like the smell of a real fire.

Interestingly, Sony provided the batteries for both Dell and Apple,
and a lot of those have been recalled.
The Sony batteries used in Sony gear, though, have been reliable.
Sony, in recent years, has shown a shocking disregard for their
customers; yet they obviously have been able to supply themselves with
reliable batteries.
This could lead one to conclude they knew about the problems, and
steered affected product out of house.

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old August 25th 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom,sci.electronics.components,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Mark Fortune

wrote:

"David" wrote in message

I have nearly alwys found that the original lithium battery which comes
with my mobile phone or digital camera is better than any 3rd party
lookalike.

Sony?

Oh, maybe not, unless you like the smell of a real fire.

Interestingly, Sony provided the batteries for both Dell and Apple,
and a lot of those have been recalled.
The Sony batteries used in Sony gear, though, have been reliable.
Sony, in recent years, has shown a shocking disregard for their
customers; yet they obviously have been able to supply themselves with
reliable batteries.
This could lead one to conclude they knew about the problems, and
steered affected product out of house.

A large respectable company like sony playing dirty? I won't believe it.
Next you'll be telling me they sue 12 year old girls and 90 year old
grannies for downloading mp3's
Old August 25th 06, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom,sci.electronics.components,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Graculus

wrote:

"David" wrote in message
I have nearly alwys found that the original lithium battery which comes
with my mobile phone or digital camera is better than any 3rd party
lookalike.

Sony?

Oh, maybe not, unless you like the smell of a real fire.

Interestingly, Sony provided the batteries for both Dell and Apple,
and a lot of those have been recalled.
The Sony batteries used in Sony gear, though, have been reliable.
Sony, in recent years, has shown a shocking disregard for their
customers; yet they obviously have been able to supply themselves with
reliable batteries.
This could lead one to conclude they knew about the problems, and
steered affected product out of house.

While I'm no fan of Sony, especially their rootkit installing BMG branch, I
think that's a conspiracy theory too far. The batteries they make as OEM
product for the likes of Dell and Apple will be manufactured only for them,
as they have to physically fit whatever specifications Dell/Apple give them.

Old August 25th 06, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom,sci.electronics.components,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:37:45 +0100, Mark Fortune wrote:

A large respectable company like sony playing dirty? I won't believe it.
Next you'll be telling me they sue 12 year old girls and 90 year old
grannies for downloading mp3's

No, Sony wouldn't do anything like that. Next thing you know
somebody will accuse Disney of doing the same thing. Their lawyers
have issued emphatic denials.

Old August 25th 06, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom,sci.electronics.components,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Cynicor

ASAAR wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:37:45 +0100, Mark Fortune wrote:

A large respectable company like sony playing dirty? I won't believe it.
Next you'll be telling me they sue 12 year old girls and 90 year old
grannies for downloading mp3's

No, Sony wouldn't do anything like that. Next thing you know
somebody will accuse Disney of doing the same thing. Their lawyers
have issued emphatic denials.

The weird thing was that the Disney lawyer had to wear a character head
and wasn't allowed to speak, so he had to mime the whole denial.