Area of 35mm film

Old September 21st 04, 06:28 AM
Frank Pittel

Default Area of 35mm film

I've come across a need to know the surface area of 35mm and 120 film.

I want to develop sheet film and I need to know how many sheets I can develop
in a given amount of chemistry. Unfortunatly the instructions only list how
many rolls of 35mm and 120 can be processed for a given amount of chemistry.

Thanks

-------------------

Old September 21st 04, 07:08 AM
Jim Phelps

--

Frank,

It's not exact, but close. Rule of thumb says both are 80 square inches.
I think the rule comes from both will fit on an 8X10 contact sheet. 120
measures 31" X 2 7/16" (75.5625 sq"). I don't have a scrap roll of 135
around so I can't give you exact measurements.

Jim

Old September 21st 04, 12:35 PM
Nick Zentena

Frank Pittel wrote:
I've come across a need to know the surface area of 35mm and 120 film.

I want to develop sheet film and I need to know how many sheets I can develop
in a given amount of chemistry. Unfortunatly the instructions only list how
many rolls of 35mm and 120 can be processed for a given amount of chemistry.

Usual number I see is 1 35mm 36 exposure equals 1 8x10.

Nick
Old September 21st 04, 03:06 PM
Uranium Committee

Frank Pittel wrote in message ...
I've come across a need to know the surface area of 35mm and 120 film.

I want to develop sheet film and I need to know how many sheets I can develop
in a given amount of chemistry. Unfortunatly the instructions only list how
many rolls of 35mm and 120 can be processed for a given amount of chemistry.

Thanks

1-120 = 1-35mm 36 exp = 1-8x10 sheet.

Old September 21st 04, 08:08 PM
Frank Pittel

Thanks for the replies. I just got the ability to print color and want to give
processing the film a try!! :-) The Tetenal C41 press kit costs $17 and by my
calculations I can process 24 sheets of film with it. My local lab charges two
dollars a sheet. The best part is that total processing time including the was is
ten minutes!! I can do that.

Old September 21st 04, 08:52 PM
Nick Zentena

Frank Pittel wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I just got the ability to print color and want to give
processing the film a try!! :-) The Tetenal C41 press kit costs $17 and by my
calculations I can process 24 sheets of film with it. My local lab charges two
dollars a sheet. The best part is that total processing time including the was is
ten minutes!! I can do that.

Is the Tetenal kit a rapid process? C41 is longer then 10 minutes usually.
3:15 just for the developer. Colour film developing is easy. It's boring but
it's easy-)

Nick