Omega D2

Old November 12th 04, 11:01 AM
Jim Worthington

Default Omega D2

I'm setting up an Omega D2V for the first time and a few things aren't
self-evident or explained well in the manual. The one that
immediately comes to mind is how do the lenses mount. Do I completely
unscrew the two knurled screws, place the flat lens boards there, and
then replace the knurled screws? And, what about the lens cone? How
does it attach to the lens stage?
Thanks in advance
Jim
Old November 12th 04, 03:44 PM
Mike King

The lenses mount on the round flat lensboards.

The lensboards mount to the lens cones using either knurled screws or
machine screws. Since the D2 bellows is so short the cones for different
lenses are different sizes, longer cones for longer focal length lenses.
Harry Taylor of Classic Enlargers says that 105mm or shorter lenses are
mounted on flat boards but I have cones made for my shorter lenses, too.
Find an online copy of the D-2 setup guide if you don't have one in hand.
It will aid in sorting out which lens uses which lens mount plate and cone.

Any machine shop can make new lensboards, good if you have odd-ball optics
that don't use Leica thread. Recessed lensboards also exist for short focal
length lenses: 40mm, 38mm, 35mm, 28mm, 25mm, these lenses are useful for
larger magnification when printing half-frame 35mm, 110 and subminiature
formats. Harry Taylor http://www.classic-enlargers.com/ and KBH
http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/ have parts. Harry actually has new
parts made for him.

D-2 and D-II cones mount with a twist. You push up against spring tension
and twist to mount. Twist the other way to remove. D-3 and D-4 cones push
straight in. Recessed lensboards won't work on a D-3 or D-4.
--
darkroommike

m...