How this for timing? (Not bad flying either)

Old April 7th 19, 10:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default How this for timing? (Not bad flying either)

On Apr 7, 2019, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 4/3/2019 5:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Apr 3, 2019, newshound wrote
(in articler6OdnbG7M8VLjjjBnZ2dnUU78d3NnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk):

On 03/04/2019 18:51, Savageduck wrote:
On Apr 3, 2019, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Apr 3, 2019, Tony Cooper wrote

My Photoshop skills are such that I could easily fake success, but I
don't. I've never been tempted. It's a self-challenge to succeed.
I would hope that Yersin feels the same.

I have a feeling that for Roger Yersin, the shot we are discussing was a
PS exercise which turned out pretty good, and was then shared to the
devonlive.com site as a gag to see just how far it would go. I also
suspect that since the plane in question is a Hawk T1A in the colors of the RAF
display team, the “Red Arrows”, that any pilot pulling that stunt
would find himself off the team, and facing disciplinary action.

I also noted that the shot was also posted on the plymouthherald.co.uk on
April 1st and has been confirmed as an April Fools Day prank. The pilot
was alleged to be one "Ebrill yn Gyntaf” which translates from Welch to
“April Fools”.

https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=auto&tl=en&text=Ebrill% 20yn%20Gyntaf

BTW: this was allegedly shot under the Paignton Pier, and given the
reality of that particular pier, no aircraft was going to fly under it.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Paignton_Pier_stitch.jpg

...but if you are anywhere near Torbay, Devon on June1, or 2 you will be
able to see the Red Arrows at work.

https://torbayairshow.com
Glad to hear the full explanation. Seems to be a competent photographer
with no intent to deceive. The only thing I find mildly depressing is
the lack of challenge with "shares", something which seems to me to be
far too common these days.

Agreed! It seems to have been an honest April Fool gag.

When you say “lack of challenge with shares” I assume that you are
referring to the current nature of the photography NGs, particularly r.d.p.,
and the lack of image sharing. These days r.d.p. has become a battlefield
for trolls, stalkers, and flame warriors.

The SI (Shoot In) died due to lack of enthusiasm & participants, and the
number of shared images has dwindled ever since. We still have a handful who
try to talk photos, or camera equipment. However, argument without
substance, and personal, and OT attacks, along with unexplainable stupidity prevail.

All we need is for effective kill files, and a willingness to keep the group
On Topic by sharing the occasional image, seeking occasional constructive
criticism, meet the occasional challenge Image creation/PP issue),
discussing equipment, and avoiding thread entropy.

Anyway, here is a shot of a pier (Pismo Beach Pier) any aerobatics team
would have trouble flying under.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-cmHpsfT/0/e1e5b3a7/O/i-cmHpsfT.jpg

OK. As long as we are sharing images: Here is a link to one of my
abstracts, that I don't think even the Duck will hate it too much.
Although the component images are old, I pieced it together about a
month ago.

There are over 26 different images in this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpr1w0618obffd5/museum%20Dahlias.jpg?dl=0

OK! I approve.

Savageduck

Old April 8th 19, 12:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

A play on colours.

All one print?

Eric Stevens
Old April 8th 19, 06:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

wrote:

[...]

Yes. I thought it would make an interesting image. Without the frame it
just looks like wrapping paper. The woman is actually looking at an
image in the Clarke Museum. Her skirt color compliments the image color,
so I put her in for balance.

--
PeterN