smallest 5 MP+ camera

Old August 22nd 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default smallest 5 MP+ camera

What are the smallest 5 MP+ digital cameras?

You can't quite get a list of this from http://www.dpreview.com
as it says there are too many to show you.

Old August 22nd 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jack

Are megapixels really important to you? Or image quality?

You can have 5MP's of data, where the image quality is pretty crap at 100%.

'Smallest' and 'image quality' generally don't compliment each other.

oups.com...

Old August 22nd 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bmoag

There are several reasonably good pocket shirt size cameras in this class.
I am personally fond of the Casio line. I have the 7mp version but the
identical camera is now sold with 6 and even 10 (!) mp sensors.
In truth for cameras of this type I doubt image quality improves once the
image sensor increases beyond 5 mps because of other factors, like the lens
and focusing mechanism, which limit image quality.
Image quality is actually very good for a camera of this size and they have
a usable optical viewfinder. The latter is very important as outdoors in
bright sunlight it is impossible to see the LCD clearly no matter what the
manufacturer claims.

Old August 22nd 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
SJ

The Canon elph series are very small, from the sd400 on up. easily will fit
in a shirt pocket.

news There are several reasonably good pocket shirt size cameras in this class.

Old August 23rd 06, 08:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor

wrote:
What are the smallest 5 MP+ digital cameras?

You can't quite get a list of this from
http://www.dpreview.com
as it says there are too many to show you.

"What are the smallest 5 MP+ digital cameras?" is a meaningless question
when choosing a camera to use! What other specifications matter? Weight?
Type of card used? Lens focal length? Zoom range? Optical viewfinder?
EVF?

Old August 23rd 06, 11:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
minnesotti

David J Taylor wrote:
wrote:
What are the smallest 5 MP+ digital cameras?

You can't quite get a list of this from
http://www.dpreview.com
as it says there are too many to show you.

"What are the smallest 5 MP+ digital cameras?" is a meaningless question
when choosing a camera to use! What other specifications matter? Weight?
Type of card used? Lens focal length? Zoom range? Optical viewfinder?
EVF?

"Just give me the ferking list of the smallest cameras, and I will
choose the right one with a right image quality out of the list !"

Old August 23rd 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ben Thomas

wrote:
What are the smallest 5 MP+ digital cameras?

You can't quite get a list of this from
http://www.dpreview.com
as it says there are too many to show you.

I bought my wife a Fuji F11 (I think) that was "only" 6MP. I had enough
money to buy the similarly priced or slightly more expensive 7/8MP
compact cameras but the Fuji test results on dpreview.com convinced me
that it produced better quality and more detailed images.

Ben
Old August 24th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stewy

In article .com,
"minnesotti" wrote:

David J Taylor wrote:
wrote:
What are the smallest 5 MP+ digital cameras?

You can't quite get a list of this from
http://www.dpreview.com
as it says there are too many to show you.

"What are the smallest 5 MP+ digital cameras?" is a meaningless question
when choosing a camera to use! What other specifications matter? Weight?
Type of card used? Lens focal length? Zoom range? Optical viewfinder?
EVF?

"Just give me the ferking list of the smallest cameras, and I will
choose the right one with a right image quality out of the list !"

Oh, I'm afraid we can't be stealing the thunder from:

http://www.goto.dealtime.co.uk/xPP-Digital_Cameras
http://www.dpreview.com/
http://www.imaging-resource.com/ and
http://www.imaging-resource.com/FEAT1.HTM
http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/
http://www.betterphoto.com/digital/c...s/overview.asp

and why not visit Google first? according to them I got over 37 million
choices when I typed in "digital camera comparisons"