Sony MVC CD200 digital still camera questions

Old June 15th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Sony MVC CD200 digital still camera questions

Hi gang, found this group searching for a soloution to my problem. Hopefully
some one here has one of these cameras and has solved the problem I have.
When taking the pics off my camera I always used to just put the cd in my
computer and take them to a folder from there. Well, newer computer and
bought Nero instead of Roxio this time. Now the disc shows empty when I put
it in the drive. Tried installing the original software that came with the
camera but it is outdated and won't run on my XP Pro system. No updates
available. So decided to just use the usb cord to transfer the pics, but
having problems there. Only down load (update) from Sony is the PTP filter
driver which I down loaded and installed. When I try to open the "E' drive
that installs in "My Computer" I get a message to put cd in camera, which I
have done, or a message that the drive cannot be read. Any help or
suggestions anyone can offer is appreciated. Thanks for your patience in
reading all this.For my uses, I really like this camera and hopefully can
get it workable again.

--
Paul O.