Kiev vs ______ lens testing.

Old February 21st 05, 07:07 AM
Stacey

Default Kiev vs ______ lens testing.

http://kievaholic.com/lenstests2.html

Done with a kodak digital back testing various kiev, bronica and 'blad
lenses. This shows why some people like the mir 45 and others don't! :-)
Also interesting to me how the 55mm shift Arsat compares to the 50mm
Distagon, I knew the 55mm Arsat and the 60mm curtagon were both good
lenses. The 150mm Tele-xenar looks good as well.

He covers 30mm to 500mm lenses in the test.
--

Stacey
Old February 21st 05, 08:20 PM
McLeod

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:07:55 -0500, Stacey wrote:

http://kievaholic.com/lenstests2.html

Done with a kodak digital back testing various kiev, bronica and 'blad
lenses. This shows why some people like the mir 45 and others don't! :-)
Also interesting to me how the 55mm shift Arsat compares to the 50mm
Distagon, I knew the 55mm Arsat and the 60mm curtagon were both good
lenses. The 150mm Tele-xenar looks good as well.

He covers 30mm to 500mm lenses in the test.

It confirms my personal experiences with the 50mm
Hasselblad lens as well. Sharp as a tack in the center but very poor
at the edges, where my Bronica wide angles are much the same
throughout-which isn't great.

Old February 22nd 05, 01:45 AM
Bandicoot

"Stacey" wrote in message

http://kievaholic.com/lenstests2.html

Done with a kodak digital back testing various kiev, bronica and
'blad lenses. This shows why some people like the mir 45 and others
don't! :-)
Also interesting to me how the 55mm shift Arsat compares to the
50mm Distagon, I knew the 55mm Arsat and the 60mm curtagon
were both good lenses. The 150mm Tele-xenar looks good as well.

He covers 30mm to 500mm lenses in the test.

Very interesting, thanks. The edge performance of the 60mm
Curtagon, in particular, is spectacular.

In this group, at least, the variation between lenses is _much_ greater
than the sample variation between multiple samples of the same lens,
when he had more than one to test - contrary to the oft repeated
'conventional wisdom'.

Peter

Old February 22nd 05, 10:45 AM
Thom

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:07:55 -0500, Stacey wrote:

http://kievaholic.com/lenstests2.html

Done with a kodak digital back testing various kiev, bronica and 'blad
lenses. This shows why some people like the mir 45 and others don't! :-)
Also interesting to me how the 55mm shift Arsat compares to the 50mm
Distagon, I knew the 55mm Arsat and the 60mm curtagon were both good
lenses. The 150mm Tele-xenar looks good as well.

He covers 30mm to 500mm lenses in the test.

Thanks for that, is there a similar site for the 35mm cameras like the
FEDS and Zorkies with Industars and Jupiters??

THOM
--

Stacey

Old February 23rd 05, 11:23 AM
Lassi Hippeläinen

Bandicoot kirjoitti:
"Stacey" wrote in message

http://kievaholic.com/lenstests2.html

Done with a kodak digital back testing various kiev, bronica and
'blad lenses. This shows why some people like the mir 45 and others
don't! :-)
Also interesting to me how the 55mm shift Arsat compares to the
50mm Distagon, I knew the 55mm Arsat and the 60mm curtagon
were both good lenses. The 150mm Tele-xenar looks good as well.

He covers 30mm to 500mm lenses in the test.

Very interesting, thanks. The edge performance of the 60mm
Curtagon, in particular, is spectacular.

Unfortunately you can't see the edge performance from that test. If the
6x6 image is taken to be 56x56mm, the circle of sharpness is about 80mm
in diameter, and the corners are 40mm from the centre. That test reaches
only about 28mm from the centre. The equivalent of a 4x4 superslide :-(

Rotating the detector won't help, it should be shifted to the corner.

-- Lassi
Old February 24th 05, 12:17 AM
Stacey

Lassi Hippeläinen wrote:

Bandicoot kirjoitti:
"Stacey" wrote in message

http://kievaholic.com/lenstests2.html

Done with a kodak digital back testing various kiev, bronica and
'blad lenses. This shows why some people like the mir 45 and others
don't! :-)
Also interesting to me how the 55mm shift Arsat compares to the
50mm Distagon, I knew the 55mm Arsat and the 60mm curtagon
were both good lenses. The 150mm Tele-xenar looks good as well.

He covers 30mm to 500mm lenses in the test.

Very interesting, thanks. The edge performance of the 60mm
Curtagon, in particular, is spectacular.

Unfortunately you can't see the edge performance from that test.

Why not? You can't see the corner performance but you CAN see the edge
performance.

--

Stacey