Canon Powershot - Pro1 or G6 ?

Old November 25th 04, 10:51 AM
Robert Klemme

Default Canon Powershot - Pro1 or G6 ?

"David J Taylor" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hank W. Shenkman wrote:
Woodchuck Bill wrote:

None of the Canon models offer image stabilization?

The S1 does. It is a nice camera, but is only has 3 megapixels of
resolution, and no RAW file output. None of the high-end Powershots
offer IS at the time of this writing.

Yeah the S1 IS is a cool cam -- but it would be a step down from what
already have.

Panasonic FZ20 has 12X zoom, 5MP and image stabilisation....

Yeah, but the range starts at 36mm (25mm equiv.) which would be too much
for me. When I bought my Powershot G5 early this year, there were no only
few ZLR's around with a zoom range down to 28mm. (AFAIR it was only a
Nikon Coolpix 5something that had other drawbacks.)

With respect to that I'd prefer the Pro1 although I'd miss the optical
viewfinder of my G5. I think I'll wait a little longer for the Pro1's
successor. :-)

My 0.02EUR...

robert

Old November 25th 04, 10:52 AM
Robert Klemme

"Woodchuck Bill" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Pete Fenelon wrote in :

And if it's as nice as the FZ-10 (looking at the enhancements they've
made to the Venus Engine it could be very good indeed) it should be a
very good camera - I've been very happy with my FZ-10.

(Although had there been a Canon that combined the lens and stabiliser
of the S1 IS and the sensor (and style!) of the G5, I think I know

what
I would've bought

What do you guys think about the new Nikon 8800?

I'd be missing 28mm wide angle...

robert

Old January 18th 05, 11:44 PM
Matt

Not sure what Woodchuck Bill meant, but ALL the Canon Powershot models
have IS (image stabilization). They have had this on there cameras
since the PowerShot Pro70 IS model. The SLR's have had IS since the D
models. I'm using the Power Pro1 now and it is an exceptional camera
compared to other Canon models I used (PowerShot Pro90 IS, PowerShot S1
IS, and PowerShot S45) plus other models (Nikon D1, Nikon Coolpix 950,
and Kodak DC5000). And once again, the IS feature is an invaluable
option especially for low light and zoom photography.

Old January 20th 05, 12:21 PM
Robert Klemme

"Matt" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
Not sure what Woodchuck Bill meant, but ALL the Canon Powershot models
have IS (image stabilization). They have had this on there cameras
since the PowerShot Pro70 IS model.

I don't think my G5 has it. And it's after the Pro70 AFAIK:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/default.asp?view=alpha

The SLR's have had IS since the D
models. I'm using the Power Pro1 now and it is an exceptional camera
compared to other Canon models I used (PowerShot Pro90 IS, PowerShot S1
IS, and PowerShot S45) plus other models (Nikon D1, Nikon Coolpix 950,
and Kodak DC5000). And once again, the IS feature is an invaluable
option especially for low light and zoom photography.

Sure.

Kind regards

robert