[SI] Facescape is posted; mugs on display!

Old May 18th 10, 08:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

Default [SI] Facescape is posted; mugs on display!

Lots of mugs he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape

My own shot is, sigh, an archive. I'm cleared to carry the gear
starting next week, so hopefully my Wallpaper shot will be a little
more current.
Old May 18th 10, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 10-05-18 15:51 , Bowser wrote:
Lots of mugs he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape

I'll comment on those I found most interesting.

DuddleyHanks2. Interesting diagonal formed by the flare of the nostril
in the estreme lower right corner to the eye and on up to the upper left
- this is in turn followed by the gaze. (Dud: next time could you
submit it at no more than 1000 pixels...)

Wilba: just a nice pose, head back a little and turned, nice hair light.
Natural shot. BG is sufficiently OOF to not distract.

Savageduck Sgt: Good mug of a confident looking vet. Shot in the shade
with the topped out BG to frame him well. Nice detail and eye catchlights.

Sid: The downward gaze is friendly (paternal?) and the diagonals lead us
all over and then back to the eyes and mouth. Great contrasts.

Bowser "2": great shot of the bushed football player. Nearly a haunted
look. Nice isolation with the dead black BG. Good contrasts. Focus on
face seems slightly soft? (compare to uniform on the left of the image).
Great catch lights in the eyes.

As to my shot, a studio shot of a friend who happened by (to drink my
beer as it turned out). While I had a setup in place for someone else I
dragged him in for a few shots. Fill, key, BG and hairlight. The fill
was metered to 2 stops below the key (f/8). BG was metered to key at
the wall but well below the shoulder line. Hairlight was guessed at.
Wish I had shot this a stop or more wider open to further blur the BG.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old May 19th 10, 05:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

On Tue, 18 May 2010 18:25:26 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

On 10-05-18 15:51 , Bowser wrote:
[...]

Focus might have been off; I was shooting multi-point and this was a
very quick grab shot I caught right before they all left the field.
Old May 20th 10, 12:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wilba[_3_]

Alan Browne wrote:

Wilba: just a nice pose, head back a little and turned, nice hair light.
Natural shot. BG is sufficiently OOF to not distract.

Thanks. When she realised I was shooting her she just looked straight at me,
no self-consciousness, no posing, no shyness... just pure innocence.

Old May 20th 10, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wilba[_3_]

Congratulations on some nice work. My favourites - Calvin Sambrook
(action!), sid (delightfully confronting), bowser (so direct and authentic,
the mouth makes it for me), Paul Furman (nice interpretation :-)), frankess
x800_old (cute, reminds me of Jane Horrocks), and cold peter newman (lots of
interesting detail).

Old May 20th 10, 01:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Russ D

On Tue, 18 May 2010 15:51:20 -0400, Bowser wrote:

Lots of mugs he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape

My own shot is, sigh, an archive. I'm cleared to carry the gear
starting next week, so hopefully my Wallpaper shot will be a little
more current.

Word of advice: Don't any of you quit your real jobs.

Old May 20th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

"Russ D" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 May 2010 15:51:20 -0400, Bowser wrote:

Lots of mugs he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape

My own shot is, sigh, an archive. I'm cleared to carry the gear
starting next week, so hopefully my Wallpaper shot will be a little
more current.

Word of advice: Don't any of you quit your real jobs.

Now you tell me!

Wonder if I can get my old job back?

Take Care,
Dudley

Old May 20th 10, 06:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

On 2010-05-18 12:51:20 -0700, Bowser said:

Lots of mugs he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape

My own shot is, sigh, an archive. I'm cleared to carry the gear
starting next week, so hopefully my Wallpaper shot will be a little
more current.

Well I guess everybody but Bret tried.
...and Bob Coe had to hide behind that Canon.

I had three other candidate shots, two old ones from last year, and a
different shot of one of my current subjects.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechut...ate_old-01.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechut...te_old-01A.jpg

This was my only other candidate 'Work Hands':
http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgehil...84116/sizes/o/

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechut...didate-P2w.jpg

Fantastic work. You & Tony swept the floor on this one g. There were a
lot of good submissions.

My high ISO blurry wrinkled brow was pretty lame but I've got a story
for it: I work with an autistic kid and wrinkled brows are something he
finds extremely fascinating g, he asks me to raise my brows and
sometimes can't resist reaching out to touch the freaky resulting show g.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgehil...7621027274807/

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old May 20th 10, 08:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

On 2010-05-18 12:51:20 -0700, Bowser said:

Lots of mugs he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape

My own shot is, sigh, an archive. I'm cleared to carry the gear
starting next week, so hopefully my Wallpaper shot will be a little
more current.

Well I guess everybody but Bret tried.
...and Bob Coe had to hide behind that Canon.

I had three other candidate shots, two old ones from last year, and a
different shot of one of my current subjects.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechut...ate_old-01.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechut...te_old-01A.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechut...didate-P2w.jpg

Savageduck

Sadly I was unable to put something up for this one, my chosen model up and
died on me so I have been a bit preoccupied.

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]

Old May 20th 10, 08:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tim Conway[_2_]

On 2010-05-18 12:51:20 -0700, Bowser said:

Lots of mugs he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape

My own shot is, sigh, an archive. I'm cleared to carry the gear
starting next week, so hopefully my Wallpaper shot will be a little
more current.

Well I guess everybody but Bret tried.
...and Bob Coe had to hide behind that Canon.

I had three other candidate shots, two old ones from last year, and a
different shot of one of my current subjects.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechut...ate_old-01.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechut...te_old-01A.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechut...didate-P2w.jpg

Savageduck

Sadly I was unable to put something up for this one, my chosen model up
and died on me so I have been a bit preoccupied.

I'm sorry to hear that. That tends to knock the wind out of your sails. I
hope things work out ok for you. One good thing, for sure, she/he is no
longer suffering.
take care