New newsgroup.....

Old September 18th 09, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_11_]

Default New newsgroup.....

New newsgroup....

rec.photo.digital.politics

At least, I feel we would benefit for a separate place for all the
political discussions! They are out of place here, I feel.

David

Old September 18th 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Don Stauffer

David J Taylor wrote:
New newsgroup....

rec.photo.digital.politics

At least, I feel we would benefit for a separate place for all the
political discussions! They are out of place here, I feel.

David

Amen!

So many folks have left because of the spam. These endless political
discussions will drive more away!

I tried the Yahoo group- wasn't to satisfied, so I came back. But the
group sure isn't what it used to be.
Old September 18th 09, 04:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Allen[_3_]

Don Stauffer wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:
New newsgroup....

rec.photo.digital.politics

At least, I feel we would benefit for a separate place for all the
political discussions! They are out of place here, I feel.

David

Amen!

So many folks have left because of the spam. These endless political
discussions will drive more away!

I tried the Yahoo group- wasn't to satisfied, so I came back. But the
group sure isn't what it used to be.

On the positive side--
Threads like the current (eternal?) "the value of..." thread give an
excellent chance to evaluate the real knowledge vs. the oes who can only
take the "somebody said..." approach and can be profitably used to fill
a killfile.
Allen
Old September 18th 09, 05:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
DG[_5_]

Don Stauffer wrote in news:4ab391a6$0$1325$815e3792
@news.qwest.net:

David J Taylor wrote:
New newsgroup....

rec.photo.digital.politics

At least, I feel we would benefit for a separate place for all the
political discussions! They are out of place here, I feel.

David

Amen!

So many folks have left because of the spam. These endless political
discussions will drive more away!

I tried the Yahoo group- wasn't to satisfied, so I came back. But the
group sure isn't what it used to be.

Seems like you both are still discussing politics.

Why not just post something about digital photography?

Old September 18th 09, 06:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Ruether[_3_]

"Allen" wrote in message ...
Don Stauffer wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:

New newsgroup....

rec.photo.digital.politics

At least, I feel we would benefit for a separate place for all the political discussions! They are out of place here, I feel.

David

Amen!

So many folks have left because of the spam. These endless political discussions will drive more away!

I tried the Yahoo group- wasn't to satisfied, so I came back. But the group sure isn't what it used to be.

On the positive side--
Threads like the current (eternal?) "the value of..." thread give an excellent chance to evaluate the real knowledge vs. the ones
who can only take the "somebody said..." approach and can be profitably used to fill a killfile.
Allen

Why not just ignore the headers you're not interested in and not
open the connected threads, as we do for any other subject here?
Simple, huh? ;-)
--DR

Old September 18th 09, 09:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_11_]

"David Ruether" wrote in message
[]
Why not just ignore the headers you're not interested in and not
open the connected threads, as we do for any other subject here?
Simple, huh? ;-)
--DR

All very well, but a first time visitor would prefer to see photographic
discussions. There's plenty new to talk about with DSLRs now having video
capability, and Leica having an M9. Perhaps those who dump political
garbage on us do more harm than the anti-DSLR or anti-P&S trolls?

David

Old September 18th 09, 10:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charles[_2_]

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message om...
New newsgroup....

rec.photo.digital.politics

At least, I feel we would benefit for a separate place for all the
political discussions! They are out of place here, I feel.

I know where you are coming from and appreciate your intent ... but, it is a
fact of life that the signal to noise ratio continues to decline on the
Internet (in almost all of its offerings). We are the filters and must
learn to deal with (ignore) the noise.

Oh, BTW, "Don't feed the trolls" is still a workable idea.

Old September 18th 09, 10:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Charles wrote:
"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message om...
New newsgroup....

rec.photo.digital.politics

At least, I feel we would benefit for a separate place for all the
political discussions! They are out of place here, I feel.

I know where you are coming from and appreciate your intent ... but, it is a
fact of life that the signal to noise ratio continues to decline on the
Internet (in almost all of its offerings). We are the filters and must
learn to deal with (ignore) the noise.

Oh, BTW, "Don't feed the trolls" is still a workable idea.

Along with ignoring the pests.

But rpd is way better off on the S-N ratio than it was a few years ago.
Both have dropped a lot, though, and my news provider filters a lot.

--
john mcwilliams
Old September 18th 09, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charles[_2_]

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
Charles wrote:
"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message om...
New newsgroup....

rec.photo.digital.politics

At least, I feel we would benefit for a separate place for all the
political discussions! They are out of place here, I feel.

I know where you are coming from and appreciate your intent ... but, it
is a fact of life that the signal to noise ratio continues to decline on
the Internet (in almost all of its offerings). We are the filters and
must learn to deal with (ignore) the noise.

Oh, BTW, "Don't feed the trolls" is still a workable idea.

Along with ignoring the pests.

But rpd is way better off on the S-N ratio than it was a few years ago.
Both have dropped a lot, though, and my news provider filters a lot.

I am using News Proxy to filter the basic garbage and additional filters to
block the obvious idiots.

Old September 19th 09, 09:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris H

In message , David J
Taylor
writes
New newsgroup....

rec.photo.digital.politics

At least, I feel we would benefit for a separate place for all the
political discussions! They are out of place here, I feel.

David

We could ban Americans. They are the main culprits. It is usually local
US politics that come up and this is an international group.