Unsharp photography

Old September 30th 09, 01:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Default Unsharp photography

Karl Atkins wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:23:36 -0700, nospam wrote:

look at my words not my name. all my posts are archived in google
groups and you can see if what i write is correct and how often it is.

That's precisely how all of us know that you're nothing but an ignorant
pretend-photographer troll.

Ah, "Karl Atkins" is the new name of the group troll. Only the
group troll calls others what it itself is: "an ignorant
pretend-photographer troll".

-Wolfgang
Old September 30th 09, 02:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_4_]

On 2009-09-30 05:47:54 -0700, Wolfgang Weisselberg
said:

Karl Atkins wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:23:36 -0700, nospam wrote:

look at my words not my name. all my posts are archived in google
groups and you can see if what i write is correct and how often it is.

That's precisely how all of us know that you're nothing but an ignorant
pretend-photographer troll.

Ah, "Karl Atkins" is the new name of the group troll. Only the
group troll calls others what it itself is: "an ignorant
pretend-photographer troll".

-Wolfgang

With the resident troll the clue is always in the content.

Savageduck

Old October 16th 09, 12:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

I can recall the time when all major SLR camera manufacturers offered at
least one soft focus lens - usually at or about 70mm. Same thing with
Hasslebad. Now you can achieve the same effect using Facesmoother. You can
see the effect at http://www.picget.net/fs-photo-editor/image/big.jpg
Old October 16th 09, 12:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

You can assure good detail in both highllights and shadows by using HDR
(High Dynamic Range) techniques.Although this can be acheived using JPG
images, it's much better done using RAW.
Simply bracket by + and - 2 stops then use Photomatix. You can see some
examples at http://www.hdrsoft.com/examples.html

There are some issues (of course!). But for still objects and by using a
tripod the results can be impressive.
Old October 17th 09, 04:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Cawood, HND BIT

wrote in message
I can recall the time when all major SLR camera manufacturers offered at
least one soft focus lens - usually at or about 70mm. Same thing with
Hasslebad. Now you can achieve the same effect using Facesmoother. You can
see the effect at http://www.picget.net/fs-photo-editor/image/big.jpg

The "smoothed" version looks distinctly unnatural to me.
And I can see traces of digital artefacts on the edge of the lips.
Regards Mike.