Cold-Weather Hiking Camera: Recommendations?

Old August 14th 15, 08:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Cold-Weather Hiking Camera: Recommendations?

On 8/14/2015 12:54 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:

snip

That's interesting. My 70-year-old wife is planning joining a
tour/expedition to Nepal to see a snow leopard in the wild. She is
talking 18,000 ft also. (She's mad).

Is your other wife older or younger? ;-)

--
PeterN
Old August 14th 15, 08:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-08-14 17:49:19 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On 14 Aug 2015 16:05:59 GMT, ray carter wrote:

That's interesting. My 70-year-old wife is planning joining a
tour/expedition to Nepal to see a snow leopard in the wild. She is
talking 18,000 ft also. (She's mad).

Her thoughts are presently to take her Canon G12.

I hope she has plans to properly acclimate to the altitude. I live at
4500 ft and doing much above about 10,000 is taxing.

Just standing on a step ladder puts me above sea level.

In Florida, standing on a step ladder will probably bring your eye brows
up to sea level.

Did you mean to say that Floridians have a problem getting high.

--
PeterN
Old August 14th 15, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-08-14 17:49:19 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On 14 Aug 2015 16:05:59 GMT, ray carter wrote:

That's interesting. My 70-year-old wife is planning joining a
tour/expedition to Nepal to see a snow leopard in the wild. She is
talking 18,000 ft also. (She's mad).

Her thoughts are presently to take her Canon G12.

I hope she has plans to properly acclimate to the altitude. I live at
4500 ft and doing much above about 10,000 is taxing.

Just standing on a step ladder puts me above sea level.

In Florida, standing on a step ladder will probably bring your eye brows
up to sea level.

Did you mean to say that Floridians have a problem getting high.

I mean they have no problem seeing the curvature of the Earth.

Savageduck

Old August 14th 15, 09:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-08-14 17:49:19 +0000, Tony Cooper
said:

On 14 Aug 2015 16:05:59 GMT, ray carter wrote:

That's interesting. My 70-year-old wife is planning joining a
tour/expedition to Nepal to see a snow leopard in the wild. She is
talking 18,000 ft also. (She's mad).

Her thoughts are presently to take her Canon G12.

I hope she has plans to properly acclimate to the altitude. I live at
4500 ft and doing much above about 10,000 is taxing.

Just standing on a step ladder puts me above sea level.

In Florida, standing on a step ladder will probably bring your eye brows
up to sea level.

Did you mean to say that Floridians have a problem getting high.

I mean they have no problem seeing the curvature of the Earth.

IIRC They have a facility there, not to far from Tony Cooper, that used
to send qualified people to where they can.

--
PeterN
Old August 14th 15, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
(PeteCresswell)

Per Tony Cooper:
The truth is that I exaggerated. I am 84 feet above sea level at my
house.

Ocean City NJ, where my daughter and son-in-law live, is 3 or 6 feet
above sea level - depending on what source you look at.
--
Pete Cresswell
Old August 14th 15, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 8/14/2015 4:31 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Tony Cooper:
The truth is that I exaggerated. I am 84 feet above sea level at my
house.

Ocean City NJ, where my daughter and son-in-law live, is 3 or 6 feet
above sea level - depending on what source you look at.

Within five to 10 years, they will need a houseboat, and Tony Cooper may
have beach front property.

--
PeterN
Old August 14th 15, 10:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 8/14/2015 4:42 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 8/14/2015 4:31 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Tony Cooper:
The truth is that I exaggerated. I am 84 feet above sea level at my
house.

Ocean City NJ, where my daughter and son-in-law live, is 3 or 6 feet
above sea level - depending on what source you look at.

Within five to 10 years, they will need a houseboat, and Tony Cooper may
have beach front property.

Um, not so fast. The current rate of sea level rise is about 3 mm per year.

==
Later...
Ron C

Old August 14th 15, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 8/14/2015 5:09 PM, Ron C wrote:
On 8/14/2015 4:42 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 8/14/2015 4:31 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Tony Cooper:
The truth is that I exaggerated. I am 84 feet above sea level at my
house.

Ocean City NJ, where my daughter and son-in-law live, is 3 or 6 feet
above sea level - depending on what source you look at.

Within five to 10 years, they will need a houseboat, and Tony Cooper may
have beach front property.

Um, not so fast. The current rate of sea level rise is about 3 mm per year.

==
Later...
Ron C

And from what I've heard, increasing exponentially.
(I was really just making a wisecrack.)

--
PeterN
Old August 14th 15, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 8/14/2015 5:16 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 8/14/2015 5:09 PM, Ron C wrote:
On 8/14/2015 4:42 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 8/14/2015 4:31 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Tony Cooper:
The truth is that I exaggerated. I am 84 feet above sea level at my
house.

Ocean City NJ, where my daughter and son-in-law live, is 3 or 6 feet
above sea level - depending on what source you look at.

Within five to 10 years, they will need a houseboat, and Tony Cooper may
have beach front property.

Um, not so fast. The current rate of sea level rise is about 3 mm per
year.

==
Later...
Ron C

And from what I've heard, increasing exponentially.
(I was really just making a wisecrack.)

I totally suspected 'twas a wisecrack, but it's kind of
like a checkers .. see a jump you have to take it ..
kind of thing.

==
Later...
Ron C

Cold weather photography--how to protect a digital camera StanW Digital Photography 8 January 23rd 07 02:50 AM
Digital camera not operating in cold weather ? Socrates Digital Photography 10 April 22nd 05 02:39 AM
COLD weather Digital Photography 33 February 22nd 05 01:21 AM
Cold Weather Mont Digital Photography 0 January 19th 05 03:17 PM
Cold weather... Pertinax Photographing Nature 7 January 1st 05 11:22 PM